Chapter 1

ROYANNE

"OH my gosh!! Ro, your just hit two million followers," Jess yelled in my ear for like the third time during the lecture.

Yep, I'm a 19 year old African American majoring in theater and minoring in dance at Juilliard while balancing my social media life and trying to do fashion on the side, Woo-hoo!! Note the sarcasm.

"Why aren't you excited? Ungrateful child!" Jess said while tugging my braids.

"I am grateful," I said while shoving her lightly. I really was, though I was more into the fact that my fashion icon inspiration had requested I model for her upcoming Christmas collection and that was something to be more excited about.
Quinn Divina Montanari is literally the best.

I was originally from LA but I had always wanted to go to Juilliards. I'd be back home for Christmas break and for the shoot

"Royanne!" I heard someone call with a slightly irritated tone.

Shit!!!!

"Run through the script for us. Where is your head?" the lecture asked.

"What?" I asked. How smart.

"I said, run through the script," the lecture repeated as I quickly mentally ran through the script.

I swear if I wasn't dark skinned, everyone would have seen my face getting heavily flushed.
Thank you ancestors!!

DEMETRI

The ball bounced on the court from Jake to me and I tossed it straight into the hoop. We had been practicing after we returned from testing out a prototype VR sports based game for a certain game developer. Jake beat me during the testing and had been bragging about it since we got back so this was my time to redeem myself. Basketball? That was my home.

"That's six straight baskets, tryna show off bro? I do not see any ladies here," Jake joked while drinking some water.

"I did not see any this morning either when you said you wanted to rinse off with my tears," I teased and he rolled his eyes at me comment. I pushed my hair off my face but it just fell back as I began playing with the ball.
I really needed a haircut

"Demetri Lycan Othonos, world famous basketball star," a voice came from the door way.

"And what does dearest Dennis want early this morning?" I asked my agent while picking up my water bottle.

"You know me too well kid," Dennis smirked, "I just came to inform you that we have a photo shoot next week."

"It's Christmas soon," I said then took a huge gulp of water.

"I know," Dennis replied nonchalantly while clapping my back, "but it's a really big one and... you'll also be working with Layla Matthews and Royanne King."

I could pretend to know who they are and go do my research later. Jake immediately saw through me.

"Dude, you need to get serious with your social life. Royanne and Layla are hella fine," Jake added while pretending to drool. A smirk threatened to from but I quickly straightened my face.