Chapter 5

DEMETRI

      Christmas holidays with my family were a tradition I could take to death with me. There was always something do to or laugh about and this year, we spent it at the family Lake house. Of course, leave it to Lorr to cause trouble. Sometimes I wondered if he was older than me. We were joined by our other cousin Josiah joined us too.

      The season was still going on, University is about to restart and I had to keep my grades up.
      My parents were okay with me signing for professional basketball on the grounds that I go to university, get a Bachelor Of Arts in Philosophy so that I can pursue law later on.

With the break almost over, I had to focus on keeping fit for our next game so that I could prioritize catching up with my studies when classes started. I headed out to a gym Josiah told me about. It was really lowkey and could help me focus better cause of the extra privacy.
        Lorr and I made a bet earlier but the wanker cheated and I to move around in an ugly red striped T-shirt on top of my sweatshirt for the rest of the day, including to the gym.

     I spent the whole morning at the gym and it was honestly more of a stress relieving process. At about a quarter past eleven, I decided it was time to wrap up and leave because I was going out with Layla and Royanne later that afternoon. I picked up my bag to leave and that's when I saw her, she was slowly down on the treadmill, casually dressed in grey sweatpants and a white body shirt with her black hair tied back.
       Last I remember, she was a very dark strawberry blonde.

         "You know every time I see you, it's like I'm meeting a different person," I said while approaching her.

        She whipped her head in my direction, "Hello to you too Wiggens."

She must have read the confusion on my face because she spoke up again, "As in Ted Wiggens,"

       I didn't get it at first, then I realized that I was wearing an outfit similar to the character Ted from The Lorax movie.

       "Didn't expect you to know such," I teased her.

      "Of course I do, I was a kid once too," she replied and picked up her bag.
     Ouch! I get it, you're older.

       "Yet you still look like one," I said without thinking,
        "no wait, I was kidding. Brunch? As a peace offering."

          She looked at me, smiled, shook her head and walked out.
      Dude, where is your rizz?

     I was about to head out too when she rushed back in.

     "What's wrong?" I asked her.

      "Paparazzi.. How??" she asked then narrowed her eyes at me, "You!!"

     I was about to defend myself when I remembered a girl taking a picture of me in the parking lot.

      "Apologies, I can get us out. This way," I directed her towards a hallway the owner had showed me this morning and surprisingly, she followed.

        The exit led to a small Cafe on the next block.

      "So, we'll have to wait till it's clear, I'll have someone do a sweep. So turns out Audrey is having breakfast with me after all," I said and smirked at her.

                           QUINN

       I really wish I could wipe that irritatingly charming smirk off his face and stab that dimple of his.
      And the paparazzi!!

     "Fine, let's take a seat Ted," I said to him, dryly.

     "It's Demetri by the way," he said as we sat down.