Chapter 29

THIRD PERSON POV

     "I'm still hurt that I didn't attend it," Tyler said to the host, Amy.
      Tyler, Demetri, Royanne and Layla were on a celebrity talk show as guests.

      "Well I sent out the invitation, you are the one who wasn't in country," Layla responded then playfully hit his arm.

       The audience laughed.

       "You deserved that Tyler," Amy said with a chuckle.
       "Okay so Royanne, you've broken millions of girls' hearts out there."

      "Me? Their heartbreakers are right here," Royanne said while pointing at Demetri and Tyler.

     "Demetri's heart will be broken too when I steal his girl," Tyler teased making the audience laugh.

      "You really wanna play this the hard way, don't you?" Demetri asked Tyler.
      Tyler shrugged in response.

       "Fine, this question goes to the ladies. Would you rather be an actor's girlfriend or a sportstar's girlfriend?" Demetri asked.

      Cheers erupted in the audience. Most people saying WAG.

      "That's not a fair play dude," Tyler complained and everyone laughed.

     Amy then continued the fan QnA.

       "Okay, this one is for Royanne," Amy read from her tablet.
       "Why haven't you in the past, ever been spotted dating a black boy?"

      Royanne paused for a bit before speaking.
      "I don't know. Maybe none of them have never made that much of an impact romantically to me."

     "So black boys aren't your preference?" Amy asked.

     "Uhh..." Royanne hesitated.

      "And you found yourself dating a lightskin," Layla teased.  

      "Demetri isn't really lightskin," Royanne said.

       "Of course he is, his mom is dark-skinned Egyptian," Tyler added.

       Demetri looked at Royanne puzzled. He wondered why she was so keen on saying he wasn't lightskin. Did she have a thing against black guys.

         "So he's lightskin. The hair kinda also says it," Amy concluded.
      "Looks like Royanne is in denial that she has a black boyfriend."

      The audience laughed.

        "Anyway. We'll be back after this break and we'll be talking about the new TV hit series, The Academy," Amy said and the audience applauded.

     A few days after the talk show interview, Demetri hadn't gotten a proper chance to talk to Royanne.
      Tyler said that she'd be at dance practice after classes so he decided to check on her from there.

       She was playing a ballerina so that meant she had to have more training and practice.
      He arrived the studio and found them wrapping up practice. An upbeat song was playing from the room.

      "Okay, so this choreography will be used for next week's shoot. Last practice is Thursday. Don't be late." the instructor said and dismissed them.
       Most of the girls giggled as they past Demetri in the hall. He casually waved at them and some began blushing.

      He walked into the studio and found Royanne alone practicing.

     "I thought practice was over," he said, startling her.