Chapter 12

DEMETRI

       Quinn arrived a few minutes ago, Lucas was here and she was buddy buddies with Royanne's older brother. And guess what, they were both older than me. It was like a scene from a soap opera. I didn't know Ro was close to Lucas. or maybe he was friends with Jamain and he asked him to pick her up. 

       "Truth or dare Demetri!" Layla repeated. I forgot we were playing.

       "Dare," I said absent mindedly. I snapped back in when people began to cheer.

       "Okay, okay. As much as most girls are excited right now, I'll only bless one," some guy from her class said, "French Kiss the birthday girl."

        People hooted. I should have chosen truth. If I didn't do the dare, it was social suicide. My PR, coach, parents, the team and the world will kill me. I was playing with the wrong people.

        I tried bargaining my way out just for them to begin my death by getting their phones out and opening social media platforms.

      "Okay, I'll do it. Please, but only if she's comfortable," I begged.

       We all looked at her and she shrugged. She was also in the redzone because she deflected her truth question earlier.

      "Go on bro, a good, long, sweet happy birthday kiss on the lips. Impress us," someone instructed us. I turned to face Royanne.

       "I'm sorry and this will be awkward," I whispered.

       "Very," she whispered back before our lips met into what they would call a passionate kiss.

        We pulled apart, the taste of cherries lingering on my lips as people cheered.

         I excused myself to the back porch after sometime. It faced a stunning backyard and a large infinity pool. My eyes diverted to Quinn on the swing.

        "Hey Dee," I said to her.

        "Ted, hey," she replied.

       "Not that much of a party person?" I asked.

       "Was never. One thing I hated about college parties were the games," she said, "oh and they had watered down alcohol."

        "You saw that, didn't you?" I asked while leaning on the Pilar.

        "Not my first rodeo," she said with a laughed then took a sip on her drink. I raised my brow.

       "What? It's cherry lime soda," she defended.

       I laughed then took a seat next to her while asking her about her university life, the games she attended, favorite classes, any wild things she did. She also asked me about my university life.

      "Wait! You're a philosophy student, I never expected that. And you also play video games, and read a lot. You are a nerd!" she accused.

      "Not really, I play basketball and I attend those parties, unlike you, so you're the nerd," I teased.

      "I never had time okay, success was always the goal," she said as we swung.

      "Really, like never?" I asked and she shook her head.

       "You're making me feel so bad I could kiss you right now," I joked.

      "Oh really, why?" She asked.

        "It's for wild experiences," I teased while leaning in, she laughed.

        "You are never gonna let me kiss you, are you?" I asked her while laughing.