Chapter 35

LUCAS

           I had just arrived home from running an errand at the office when Royanne texted me that she was on her way to my place.
           I definitely wasn't happy with that video but I guess there had to be an explanation.
       You mean you hope there is one.

          There probably had to be one and a damn good one because I had two reasons why to punch the lights out of that kid. One, for kissing my girl and two, for hurting Quinn.

         "Anybody home? Lucas?" Royanne called from the entryway.

         "Living room," I called out while finishing up the software debugging I was doing on my laptop.

           "Hey, so before you say anything, I'm sorry, that shouldn't have happened and I know it looks bad," Royanne said while walking into the living room, "I was careless and ended up drinking a spiked soda and yah. I'm sorry."

           She took a deep breath when she finished talking. I put my hands together and rested my elbows on my knees.

           "Who spiked you?" I asked, my tone coming out more roughly than I wanted it to.

           "Chill, relax, the person wanted to spike Demetri but I got the drink and gave it to him then took some myself without knowing it was spiked and yah," she explained.

        I remained silent for a while. Of course you should, you were angry for no reason, she was drugged, so you can cancel your theory of her being attracted to Demetri or crushing on him. Or should you?

        "So, are we good?" She asked while looking at me with pleading eyes.

        "We are," I said after a moment of silence, choosing to just drop the subject altogether.

          I stood up and took her in my arms in a big hug. She hugged me back immediately and we stayed like that for a while.

         "I think you and Demetri's fake relationship should end," I said unconsciously.

         "What?" She asked while pulling away.

          You've started it bro. Just finish it.

         "You guys have been fake dating for like three to four months now, damage has been repaired, the series was a huge success and you have been cast in two big projects, I don't get why it still has to go on," I said.

           "Because it has to, my career will not be based on just one series, I have to set a stronger foundation if I want to get where I want to be," she said.

           "What about Us?"

             "Us is doing just fine, we still talk, we meet and spend some time together despite the little free time we get,"

            "We are doing fine huh? So I guess you'd be very much okay with me prancing around the globe with an Italian heiress on my arm as my fake fiancé since we are doing fine',"

             She looked at me and kept quiet.

         "That's what I thought," I said.

           "Listen," she said and took a deep breath, "I get that me being in a fake relationship with someone else is unsettling you but you have to at least give me a little trust, it's like you think I'll get attracted to Demetri or something, we are just friends."

           Are you satisfied with this?

          "But if it pleases you, I'll try to talk to my agent about alternatives or something like that," she added while looking down.