Chapter 28

ROYANNE

     Despite the semester restarting. Layla decided that her birthday party would be a somewhat back to school party.
      I spent hours with her planning it out. A full blown pool party the day before and a classy party on the actual day.
     The pool party was starting at sometime before the sun set. The evenings had been hot lately so swimming was a good option.

       "Make sure you get here on time please," Layla said through the phone.

       "I know. Don't worry love," I told her, "bye."

      I cut the call then turned to Margie. We were talking over the deals and offers I received.

      "Well that wraps up today," Margie said while shutting down her laptop, "I'll leave you to prepare for your party."

      "Thanks. Let me text Demetri and tell him that we'll just meet up from there," I said.

      "You two are doing well. Tonight's party will be filled with social figures so I hope you bring your A game," She joked.

      "We always bring our A game," I said.

        "Hmm. Your A game is making people think you're saving intimacy for marriage," She said while arching her eyebrows.

       I groaned. Sure Demetri and I have been cute. But it's just simple pecks, hand holding or him holding my waist. Isn't that what couples do though.

     "You are young and tonight is a time to be wreckless. I'm not saying have sex. Lucas will throw a fit," she laughed.
        "I'm saying just make out a little. Like you can't get enough of each other. Not like a Jane Austen novel."

       "There is no problem in waiting for marriage. And newsflash, Jane Austen novels are amazing," I replied before she stood up to leave.

      "I know kid," she smiled, "see you Monday. I expect to see photos of you and Demetri on the internet tomorrow, that will definitely get me through the weekend."

        "I did not know you're into kinky stuff," I teased.

       "I'll get you back for that," She said while walking out.

      I went upstairs to go shower. Both my parents had the day shift so I was home alone.

       Layla's party was a baby blue, lavender and white outfit them. Her favorite colors. Though she'd be dressed in all white unlike everyone else.

      I wore a two piece baby blue halter bikini and put some drawstring pants over. I then got a swim cover up. My hair was in cornrows so that was a plus over the water situation.

      I grabbed my bag, put all my essentials in, locked the house and drove to Layla's.

      My phone was connected to the car so when I got a call from Lucas, I just answered it from the steering wheel.

      "Hey babe," I said while driving.

      "Hey, how are you?" Lucas responded.

        "I'm okay, just driving," I said while humming to the song that was previously playing.

       "Wanna come over tonight. It's been ages since I've seen you," He asked.

        I sighed. It really had. I last saw him last week and it was brief.
        "Can't tonight, Layla is hosting a pre birthday pool party. I'm actually on my way there."

       I heard him sigh, "it's okay then. Maybe sometime after tomorrow because I feel like they'll be an actual birthday party tomorrow as well."

        "Yep," I laughed, "how about this? I come over and spend the night at your place though I might come in a bit late."