Chapter 10

DEMETRI

     "Your game is off Lycan," James said during practice.

     "Sorry," I said after he managed to take the ball from me then scored.

     "Don't work yourself too hard, go do something relaxing and get your head back in," he said after the final whistle blew.

       "That's it for today, we have a game coming up so I'll save the trash talk for tomorrow. I'm in great mood," Coach said. 

      The guys cheered and started to head to the locker rooms. After taking a shower I decided to continue practicing at the sports center. It would probably be less crowded at this time. I had played for about half an hour after I got there when I saw Quinn standing in the doorway.

         "Dee," I said as she slowly walked towards me.

      She looked professional, classy and elegant as always in her cream colored, long-sleeved pant suit bottom. She was in 5-inch heels, I think.

       She paused a bit before speaking, "Thank you for the other day."

      "Oh, it's fine Are you okay?" I asked while moving the ball between my hands.

        She nodded, "I'm sorry you had to see me in such state-," was all I heard before she started speaking in another language.

        "Quinn," I called, "English please."

     Despite my efforts, I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face.

       "Sorry, you should learn more languages," she said.

         "I can actually speak many non-Latino languages," I defended.

        We shared a short laugh before she took a deep breath then I asked, "Do you want to talk about it?"

      "I.. uhh-," She started but I cut her short.

     "It's okay, you don't have to say if you don't want to, you'll tell me when you're ready," I said and she looked relieved.

"Okay so I'm guessing you came to make peace right?" I asked. Trying to keep a straight face. She nodded.

        I gently threw the ball to her and she caught it. She also caught onto what I was hinting.

      "No. You're a professional athlete and look at how I'm dressed," she complained.

         "You can take off the heels, I'll go easy on you," I told her. Like I would, she's too competitive and I like that.

        She groaned while saying something I couldn't catch. She then took her heels off and put them to the side.

      "Wait! Where did you go?" I teased while passing my hand over her head.

        "Oh, You're on Wiggens," she said while heading toward the basket.

        I personally really had fun during the game. Playing with a 5 foot something business woman was just too amusing. Not forgetting the fact that she played dirty too. I felt she bounced the ball on my body more than on floor. Gonna need some ice after this.

                       ROYANNE

      "Drink! Drink!" Layla chanted as Demetri and I raced to finish extra cold slushies.

     "Done!" I said quickly. My head was going through ultimate brain freeze.

      "I'm so posting this," Layla said while laughing at Demetri.