Chapter 22

DEMETRI

     On the Fifth of August, I got up really early and texted Quinn that I was coming over. By really early, I meant really early.

     I texted her that I had arrived and she told me that it was open and she was in her Home office. I knocked on the door and walked in when I heard a 'come in.'

       She was dressed in cute, white wool like Pajamas and her hair braided in pig tails.
      She was analyzing the sketch pad in her hand while holding a cup of hot liquid in the other.

       "Good morning," She said when she looked up at me.

       "Morning. Didn't expect you to be up and energised early this morning," I joked.

      "Well I am. What do I owe the pleasure of you at my house at four in the morning?" She asked while walking towards me.

     "I told you that we are going out today, we have a very long day ahead of us," I told her.

      "So you arrive at four, no. Come back at eight," She whined while turning around.

      I pulled her back and carried her over my shoulder and held her in place to avoid her moving.

      "We leave now, which way to your room?" I asked while walking out of the office. She remained silent.

      Her room was through the next door. I walked in and lay her on the bed.

     "Now be a good girl, and get ready," I said sternly while looking down at her.
      She pinched my nose and poked my forehead before pushing me and going into her bathroom.

     I'll never understand why she does that gesture.

        I sat on her bed as I waited for her. She gave me death glares when she walked out from the shower to her closet.
     I would have been scared or worried if I hadn't been turned on by her in nothing but a towel.
      Snap out of it!!!

      "Cheer up, it's gonna be a fun day," I told her as she ate breakfast in the car.

      "No Chevy today?" she asked.

      "Nah, the Wrangler is more suited for today," I replied.

       We finally arrived at an open training field.

       "What are we doing here?" she asked as we got out of the car.

      "Well, by someone's first birthday, they should have at least learnt how to walk a bit," I explained.
     "You are a one year old. And learning how to walk is very difficult so today, you learn how to walk.
       It's gonna be so much fun."

******

     "I hate you Demetri!!!" Quinn yelled from under the net.

     The field had an army like training course where people came every Saturday morning if they wanted to keep fit or experience training in the army.
      It had mud pits, net and rock climbing, tire jumping and the like.
    The most hilarious part was watching her do it.

     As she walked back from the changing rooms, she looked at me like like she was out for blood.

     "Oh my gosh, my baby can walk. Come to dad, come on," I teased.

    "What child learns how to walk through intense training while a man shouts, 'Any slacking and you're dead!'," she complained as we walked to the car,
       "That child would definitely have nightmares."