Chapter 13

THIRD PERSON POV

      Quinn's make up artist did the final touches on her make up while her stylist adjusted the head pieces.
     It was the beginning of March and The Academy Awards were today and it's one of fashion's biggest night. Quinn had was presenting an award.

       "Honey you look gorgeous, stunning," Angelo told her, "so remember, keep it off the record. It's your first proper public appearance in a while so they may want to speak with you."

      "Yes sir," she saluted as they walked into the car.

      "Great, ah ah ah, careful, don't ruin your look," he warned when he also got in.

       "I'm fine Angelo," she said as they got onto the road. They went over things before they arrived at the Museum.

       "Ready?" he asked her with his boy next door smile. Blond hair styled to perfection.

      "Si," she replied as he got out of the car.

      "Air kisses," he called out.

      "Muah," they said at the same time.

     The door at her side opened as the driver helped her out. Flashes of cameras filled the spot. The ushers came to direct her past the paparazzi. She stopped a few times to pose for pictures.

       Her sequin champaign maxi dress flowed down like a gracious fountain and pooled at her feet, she let her hair in voluminous curls with nude makeup. The gold head pieces pulled the outfit together.

      "So a quick interview with E! and we get going," Angelo said.

     "Quinn Divina Montanari, hold up baby girl," Jana, the reporter said, "lovely dress, give us a spin."

   Quinn smiled and gave a spin. They went on to ask the who's, what, how's and where.

      "Thanks but one anticipated question, where's Lucas?" Jana asked.

      "He wasn't in LA recently," Quinn replied.

      "We just haven't seen you two together lately, trouble in paradise?" Jana asked.

     She thought about a reply but the words didn't want to come out. Suddenly a hand touched her lower back.

       "I thought I'd be earlier than you," he said to her with a smile. She said and thanked him in Italian to which he replied.

      "Mind if I take her now," he said to Lana.

     "I don't. Enjoy the night," Lana said as the went up the steps. Stopping for a few pictures.
      Once inside the theater and headed for the main theater hall.

      "Lucas, Quinn," a voice called them.

     Quinn groaned inwardly, "Oh No, Your obsessors."

     Lucas chuckled, "I'll handle it."

    "Danielle, a pleasure," Lucas said when she came to them.

     "You too, you look dashing as always. Quinn?" she replied.

     "Hmm," Quinn nodded.

    Hollywood had great people with great personalities. Danielle wasn't one of them.

      "I swear she just wanted... Ugh," Quinn said while breaking into Spanish when Danielle left.

      "You'll never like her, will you?" he asked her amused and she shook her head.

        They both decided to let tonight not be awkward, they may not be romantically involved anymore but they didn't want ruin the only type of relationship they'll have.