Chapter 11

DEMETRI

      "You act like you don't have an apartment off campus," I told Lorr, who was laying on my bed.

      "Hey, family is family," he said while eating.

        "What's wrong? Kiesha finally dumped you?" I laughed.

        "F**k you bro," he replied. "But anyway, how's mamacita, taking her out?"

        "No," I replied while I continued finishing up my assignments. Sure we've known each other for sometime. I did want to ask her but. Ahh

      "Only one can dream right," he said and I turned to find him on my phone, "shit, it's ringing."

        He left my phone on the bed and ran out of my room. I rushed to my bed and picked up the phone to find facetime connecting to Quinn. I was about to cut when her face came up on the screen.

     "Hey Wiggens," she said sleepily. She as laying on her side and her voluminous hair spread charmingly around her.

      "I woke you up, I'm so sorry," I said and smiled at her.

     "It's okay," she said while stifling a yawn. 

     "Sleeping this early on valentine's day, that boring?" I teased.

     "It's not valentine's day," she chuckled.

    "Did you wish the day away?" I joked.

     "Yes actually," she looked at her side table, "it's the 15th and it's one in the morning."

     She obviously wasn't in the country. 

      "Where are you?" I asked her.

      "Paris," she replied.

      "So you spent valentine alone in the city of love, or you went to meet your secret lover?" I teased.

     "I did spend it with my secret lover; croissants and fashion," she laughed.

     "Ouch, I can't compete with that," I faked pain. 

     She then proceeded to ask me about my day and the conversation carried on from there. I didn't even know how much time had passed till I checked the time on my watch.

     "We have been talking for hours yet. It's not even midnight here yet," I said to her, "I'M really sorry for taking your sleep time."

      "Not forgiven, but I'll take a quick nap right now," she said while smiling, "so good morning."

       "Good night," I said, "Happy valentine's day Dee."

     "Happy belated valentine Ted," she said, waved and ended the call.

       I sighed while laying on my bed, smiling at the ceiling.

                          QUINN

       I flew to Naples to see my sisters. Specifically, I went to visit Rosalina who was in boarding school. We video called Lorayne while I was there, and Rosalina was as dramatic as ever while Lorayne was still breathing.

     "Can't you just get me out of school for just a weekend, I want to be with go home and see Ray," Rosalina said. Lorayne couldn't come with me because she had SCID.

      "But you're seeing me right now," Lorayne said from the screen.

      "Ugh. Okay. In other news, Andre asked me out for the ball," Rosa said making both of them scream in excitement. My ears almost bled.