Chapter 14

ROYANNE

        March was tedious. My classes got intense, the world thought I was dating Demetri and work was even more hectic. I actually got to see the authoritive side of Quinn and the wild side too. Oh, Lucas and I almost got too intimate once.

        Layla also studied at UCLA and was in my dance class. Both our classes for the day were over and we were headed off campus.

    "The S.E.As this year will be amazing!" Layla said, "I was watching the preparations and rehearsals, I can't wait for tonight."

      "It's also cool that Quinn is hosting and with Zion Makarios," The girl we were with added, "I heard they actually long time friends."

      "I ship them, I honestly do. It's sad that she and Lucas broke up out of the blues though," Layla stated, "but Zion is like one of the hottest men alive and he's single too, so a win is a win."

     "You sure you don't want to catch a ride with us?" The other girl asked me.

     "I'm sure. Thanks," I said.

    We said goodbyes and they left for the parking lot while I headed for the bus stop. I told Lucas to come pick me up from there.

      I turned on my phone and began watching the final prep and rehearsals for the S.E.As. They were live on YouTube.

       "Minnesota, I hope you are ready for one of the world's biggest award shows, right here, tonight," The man explained.

        " Look, here are our hosts Zion Makarios and Quinn Montanari," he said and the camera turned to Zion and Quinn.

     Okay.. Zion was hot.

      "How are you two feeling about tonight?" he asked them.

     "Excited, though just wondering why I'll be the one in the extravagant outfits between the two of us," Quinn replied.

     "Cause you are extravagant, bella," Zion said as he drapped his arm over Quinn's shoulder.

    Suddenly, a hand gently stroked my shoulder and I snapped my attention from the phone and I hurriedly stood up

    "Did I scare you Coconut?" The man behind me asked.

      I knew that voice. That voice and the person who owned it had been haunting me for the longest. Always making me feel like I'm weak. What was he doing in LA?

     I turned to look at him. Tall, burly, dark skinned, brown eyes and short black curly hair.

      "Um No," I worked up the courage to speak.

      "Long time no see," he said.

       Definitely not long enough.

       "You seem pale. How about I take you home?" he asked. His voice was always laced with something that made me uncomfortable.

     "Um No. I'm waiting for someone," I replied.

      "But I asked nicely, it's very disrespectful to me as your uncle. Don't make me have to punish you, you are a big girl now," he said, venom laced in his words.

    Uncle my foot. I shut my eyes hoping it was all a dream. The times he said he cared. The times he punished me. I tried holding back my tears.

        "I have to go," I said while hurriedly turning away. I bumped into a hard chest.

    "What's wrong Ro?" Lucas asked while steadying me.

     "Nothi-"I started but was cut off.