Chapter 6

ROYANNE

      My afternoon with Layla and Demetri went better than expected. And the thing I loved to do most is dance, I loved music so it was a plus that Layla chose a skating dance club for the three of us to hang out.

      "How you are still on your feet is beyond me," Demetri said to Layla after she came back from her sixth round in the rink.

      "So long as we have food and music, I'll stay til we drop," Layla replied.

      "Meanwhile Demetri with two left feet," I joked while sipping my soda.

     "Actually, I can dance. But on skates, not so much. Besides I don't want to take the attention from the one studying dance," he replied with that boyish grin.

        "Big words, big words," I said and laughed.

       "Dude, she's literally at or rather was at Juilliard," Layla remarked causing Demetri to shrug nonchalantly.
   Pretty boy is sitting on a high horse.

       "Well Mr. Basketball star x part time swimmer, let's go, one round," I challenged.

        "We're in skates King," he complained but smiled.
      Okay that dimple needs to go, or not!!  Is that how people feel when I do this. Naahhh.

       "What's that I heard Othonos? buck buck!" I clucked.

       "Oh really, you're on," he said, took my hand and we hit the rink were Finesse by Bruno Mars was playing and I made him dance for another round before it was time to leave.

        "I had so much fun today, we are tots meeting up again but for now, I gotta go cause I have a last minute shoot. Love ya," Layla said while hugging me when we reached the parking lot.

"You wont be missed honey," I teased as she was hugging Demetri.

She stuck her tongue out then blew a kiss towards Demetri and left.

     "Where to?" Demetri asked we walked towards his car.

      "Well since you asked. Ice cream parlor, or a candy store," I joked.

      "Sweet tooth much, ever heard of cavities?" he said as he opened the door for me.

     "What is this thing you call cavities?," I asked in fake shock while I entered his car, a maroon Chevrolet Camaro. He walked over to his side and got in.

     "But for now, I need to get home. I have an important meeting tomorrow that I have to prepare for," I told him as the engine veered into life. Adrenaline suddenly rushed through me, I loved cars.

        "All the best tomorrow then," he said as we entered the busy roads.

      "I liked hanging out today Mr. Not so twinkle toes," I said while laughing.

      "Don't even start King," he warned jokingly.

       Later we arrived at my place and we both got out of the car because he was 'being a gentleman' by opening the door for me and walking me to the door.

      "Thanks for driving me, we should hang out sometime," I said.

     "True, though I might need your number for that," he said.

      "Text me on Instagram Othonos,"

    "Hmm... I don't have Instagram,"

"What do you use to stalk me then?"