Chapter 2

DEMETRI

      I awoke with a startle as I felt water being poured on me. My beddings and whole body from head to toe was drenches.

        "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" Mom, dad and my cousin shouted.
      Damn!!! It was the twenty first already.

       "A bucket of water, really?" I asked my cousin, Lorr, who was holding an empty bucket.

        "Would you have preferred dumping you in the pool instead?" he supplied.

       "Oh leave my baby alone," my mom came by my side and tied my dripping curls back, "Happy 21st birthday honey."

       "Thanks mom," I said while hugging her and she placed a kiss on my forehead.

         Dad brought the two traditional blue and pink cupcakes in front of me. They did this on my birthday for as long as I can remember.
        I blew out the blue one. The pink one was my twin sister's. On our 13th birthday, she made a crazy list of all the things she said she'd wish for til our 21st birthday.
         Ever since she died four years ago, I religiously stuck to that silly list and always blew it out for her.

         "Happy birthday Zia," I whispered and blew out her candle.

        "Dude you're finally legal!!!! Let's go out tonight. I know this really popular joint," Lorr said.

       "Firstly, if we were still in Europe, I would have been legal three years ago. And secondly I don't think I'm up for partying in a club tonight," I replied while getting up to pick up a towel.

      "It's Christmas break, you don't have classes and even more exciting, you don't have a game," Lorr said.
     I looked at my parents.

         "It will be fun. I even heard that pretty girl you said you'll be working with, Royanne, hangs out from there," Lorr tried again, "that way you get to know her before the shoot. Loosen up dude, enjoy being 21."

         "Will you stop pestering me if I go?" I asked.

        "I will even leave the room, in fact I can even go back to my apartment. But I'll be back before Eve," he said. My parents laughed.

       "Fine.. But if I don't like it, we are leaving," I said and went into the bathroom.

     I was spending Christmas break with my parents. Both Lorr and I attended UCLA and had apartments but we usually came back home for holidays and just random days to eat homecooked meals.

        Lorr didn't want to have to travel back to Europe for the break so he just came here with me. Most of our extended family lived in Europe and North Africa. My family moved to the states a year before my sister died.

            It was this place where I started my career and it's here I would push it forward.

                          LUCAS

       "You can't be serious,? How long," I asked as I Iooked out the huge windows of the VIP lounge.

        "About 2 to 3 hours minimum Chairman," Adam replied as I groaned in frustration.

        I left LA very early this morning for a business meeting so that I could be back in time for my afternoon with Quinn but now I was stuck at the airport in Chicago due to a storm.

       "Chairman, ATC still hasn't cleared any flights. Visibility is still very low and our flight path is in he red zone, the jet won't be allowed to take off," My pilot explained.