Chapter 21

QUINN

     "You look great in the hoodie," Demetri said when our lips parted from our breathing taking kiss.

     "I like it, very warm," I said while running my hands through his soft curls,
       "Except somebody's cold hands are around my waist."

       I tried removing his hands from underneath the hoodie.

     "No, I like your warmth," he mumbled into my neck.
        We were at his lake house putting the last things in place but that somehow ended up in a make out session and me sitted astride him.

      My phone beeped and I picked it up while Demetri tugged at my curls, which were back to dark strawberry blonde now.
       I groaned when I saw the message and tossed the phone aside. Michie has a death wish. I'm sure of it.

       "Work?" Demetri asked.

       "Nope, just Michie," I replied.

        "What's wrong, I like Michie," he said with a smirk.

       I reddened slightly when I remembered that day. To make matters worse, I could feel his finger tracing the waistband of my Sweatpants.

       "Sure you do, she's just bugging me about throwing a party," I vaguely explained.

        "For your birthday after tomorrow?" he asked.

        "Si, but it's not like a big thing, I'm turning 24 and as far as one is concerned, I could be 50," I explained.

        He laughed then said, "Well then you're my favorite granny."

       I lightly pinched his nose then poked his forehead.

       "Ouch!" he exclaimed, "Why don't you want a party though?"

        "Because it's been the same thing since I was 20. Before that I didn't even know what the hell a proper childhood was," I explained.
      I did miss a few parts of my childhood.

      Michie called this time. I looked at my phone.

        "I guess I have to leave. Let me handle this," I told him.

       "Okay," he whispered before capturing my lips with his. I felt him pull me closer into him as we deepened the kiss.
      He flipped us so that he was on top of me, my back on the couch. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He kissed my neck and shoulders as I felt his hand stroke my thighs.
       My phone rang again, cutting us off.

       I groaned into his shoulder, making him laugh. I detached from him as he pulled me up.

      "I guess I'll see you after this?" he said with an amused expression before pecking my lips. This was enough to send more butterflies to my stomach.

       "Yep, let me just go to her place, bye," I replied.

      He walked me out. I drove to Michie's place.
      August, not one of my favorite months but hey, keep it positive and relaxed.

        "YOU DID WHAT??!!" I yell-asked Michie.

       "I took the liberty of planning your party. I even invited the guests already, it's gonna be smashing," She said.

       "Michelle Olakira Melendez! It's the 1st of August for crying out loud," I said.

        "and your birthday is on the 3rd. Enough time," She said, "we leave for Miami tomorrow, you're welcome."