Chapter 24

LUCAS

     It's been more than two weeks since Quinn's birthday and Royanne has been so busy.
     She told me she'd been cast for a big Dance Romcom series. I was really happy for her because I knew she had been working so hard for this. I also loved seeing her happy.

     And then it hit me. It's a romance series and I knew what goes on in romance series. I had to know who the male lead was.

      Luckily, Terry and Angelo had something important to discuss with Quinn and I, so there she was in my office.
     I knew that Montanari was also working on the series, so I could get something from her.

      "Lucas, my contract with my partners limits the information I give," she said,
      "and they finished casting, if you really want to know who's starring in the show then wait till next week."

     "But Quinn, the point of having connections is to avoid the wait," I pursuaded.

     She still refused, only this time in Italian.

     "Tesorina," I groaned.

     At that moment, Angelo and Terry walked in. Angelo immediately sat down and groaned while putting his head in his hand.

     "What's going on?" I asked. Quinn looked just as puzzled.

      Angelo then mirrored his phone to the TV. My face fell immediately and I turned pale.
      Different articles about Royanne and I. Rumors of Quinn and Demetri dating. Even some that Royanne is pregnant with my child.

      "Before you two decided to commit social suicide, please tell us," Angelo started, "What the hell were you thinking?!"

     I have never seen Angelo look this serious. Terry looked tense.

     "This is really going to be hard to control because it's not only you two we are dealing with. They are also social figures, " Terry explained.

     I looked at Quinn's expressionless face. There are a few situations when her dimples show and one of them is when her jaw is clenched really tight. Like right now.

      There was a short knock on the door before Tammy walked in. Behind her, Royanne, Demetri and two other people walked in.

       "The rest of the party is here," Angelo said, "Please, take a seat."

       "I'm Terry, Mr Kim-Rea's PR," Terry introduced, "That's Angelo, Miss Montanari's PR."

      "Margie, Royanne's agent," the woman introduced herself.

       "Dennis, Demetri's," the man said.

       Terry then began assessing the situation at hand. Turns out people really had a problem with the situation. And this could be bad for Royanne.

       "There however are solutions that we can try to do damage control first," Margie said.

       "And what are those?" Quinn asked.

      "Firstly love, you guys will have to public friendzone," Angelo said, "at least until it dies down and we work out a better environment."

        "That still won't quiet down the rumors. I finally got a huge role and this-" Royanne started and I put my arm around her.

        "Well, the solution was always there, you and Demetri just kept on postponing it," Dennis spoke, "Right now, it's one of the only solutions we have."

       "So no more postponing, don't you agree?" Margie asked.

     "Aspettare, what are they agreeing to?" Quinn asked. It was then I noticed that her hand was in Demetri's.