Chapter 25

DEMETRI

    Quinn remained silent the whole way down the elevator ride. Her heels clicked as we walked out of the elevator to the underground carpark. She walked ahead of me.

      "Dee!" I called out.

       "Si, I'm fine," She replied. Her face showed the opposite.

       "I just wanted to tell you that you look like an angry chipmunk," I said with a serious face despite saying it as a joke. 

        She looked like she didn't know what to say so she just smiled then laughed a bit.

       "Have I ever told you that I hate you Ted, realmente te odio," she said as I walked towards her. She sighed when I stood before her.

        "Listen-," I started but she cut me off.

         "Look, I'm not technically excited about this but I understand that it has to be done," She said,
        "I've worked in the industry and I've seen PRs do damage control so yes."

         "Well if we are being honest, it's the business world making this a big issue for you," I told her.

         "And your long line of wives and girlfriends," she added.
       I laughed a bit before she asked, "When are you two going public?" 

      "Possibly today, Dennis and Margie said they'd get back to us," I replied.

      "Um... Sorry to disturb," Tammy came, "Miss Montanari, we have to leave."

      "I'll see you later?" I said but it came out more of a question.

     "Si," She replied before we both engulfed each other in a hug, I placed a kiss on her forehead.

      "I'll drive your car back, You'll find Joel with the other one," Tammy said when we parted.

"Bye Tammy," I said to her.

"Bye Demetri," she replied with a smile.

       The two of them walked away but parted eventually because the cars were parked in different places.

     I went back inside to find Dennis. We waited for Royanne who was still in Lucas's office. When she arrived, we all headed out.

      "We'll have someone tip the paparazzi off. You two will answer the questions off record or not give an answer at all until later," Dennis instructed.

       "Just let us know where you are," Margie added, "Remember, you should 'accidentally' slip the truth out."

      Royanne and I both nodded as we got into my car. Dennis and Margie went towards his car.
      The two of us remained silent for a while after buckling our seatbelts.

       "Well this is a weird turn of events," I said, trying to break the ice.

      "Dude!" Royanne said, "You managed to bag Quinn Divina Montanari!"

       "You're like the tenth person to say that to me today," I groaned. I wish it were an exaggerated number but it wasn't.

       "Well yah.. She's like.. QUINN, and you're well... Twenty-one," she stated.

       "Thanks for the motivation," I said sarcastically while starting the car.

      "I was just kidding," She said with a little laugh, "Look, our situation is.. Terrible but hey, at least we aren't strangers."

     "I guess so," I replied as we joined the busy street.
      She was right though. At least Royanne and I got along so it would make this more bearable.