Chapter 3

ROYANNE

DEMETRI LYCAN OTHONOS IS HOT!!

This replayed in my mind as I went through his Instagram account. Even his family members are hella attractive.

"The lad just screams sex, money and hotness," Jess said in that British accent of hers while hugging my pillow.

We were laying on my bed.

"He also screams stuck up, entitled player," I said. I had to admit that he was hot though.

"Hater," Jess stuck her tongue out, "but guess what? He was at The Hue last night and little birdies say that he was looking for you."

"Puh-liz, he was just celebrating his birthday, and I got that information from his story," I defended.
There was no way he was looking for me.

I had returned back home in LA for Christmas break and since Jess didn't want to go back home to London, mom and dad said it would be okay if she came back to LA with me, so there we were.

"I still can't believe your parents convinced you to transfer to UCLA," Jess said.

"Me neither, I'll have to talk properly with them about it. And also find a new permanent job, I cant keep doing part time at Kenny's club, that's specifically a holiday job," I said. I had worked a holiday part time as a bartender at my cousin's Jazz club ever since I turned 18, with close supervision.

"And maybe get a driver's license and car while you're at it, you're 19 for Christ's sake!" Jess exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes.

Mom and dad for some reason wanted me to transfer to UCLA, but I loved Juilliard and I worked hard to get there. But I know they had their reasons so I guess I would be in LA for sophomore year. I had already begun the stressful transfer process, but luckily my cousin was helping me out since she had done it before.

I loved LA, it was my home but honestly, I hated every family gathering.
My relatives never missed a chance to call me a coconut,- black on the outside and white on the inside-, or say that I'm not doing anything sensible with my life by choosing the performing arts.
I mean both my parents were in the medical field, one of my brothers was an engineer and the other was one is on his journey to being a world class chef and businessman.

But I'll take it, I'll take it all. Bring it on LA.

LUCAS

I made it back around half past nine. Quinn's cell couldn't be reached and she had left text messages telling me to meet her at a carnival 7 hours ago. In my room, a new Armani tailored suit sat on my bed. She had planned dinner as well
I'm in hot soup!!

"So my girlfriend has gone MIA and no one knows where the hell she could be? Just great!" I barked into the phone and ended the call.

I drove down to her house hoping I'd find her, only to be met by empty bottles of alcohol in her kitchen.

"Tesorina! Tesorina!" I called, "Divina!"

I became anxious with the amount of bottles of alcohol, I thought we dealt with this. Was she drinking again? Maybe she had friends over. Michelle lives in LA.. Michie!!
I called Michie but her phone was off.

In her room, a red dress with matching lingerie lay on the bed.
I stayed at Quinn's til two in the morning and she did not come back. I was so worried but maybe I needed to give her space to calm down. You really f**ked up this time.

The next day, it seemed like the world didn't want us to meet. I was informed that Quinn came by the office.
Then that she had gone by the house and ended up spending time with Takumi. That very thing put me in shock. I was very sure she'd be too furious to talk to me.
When I went to both her offices, I had been told she'd gone to Miami.
"Ms. Montanari is scheduled to return for an important shoot tomorrow," Her secretary informed me.