Chapter 34

ROYANNE
**Earlier **

      "Get into the car King," Demetri said from inside his car.

       "I just kindly asked to drive," I teased before getting into the passenger side, "but it's alright, I love being passenger princess."

        He shook his head then started the car and reversed out of my driveway.
       We were attending a birthday party at Demetri's friends' frat house. Lucas was in Italy and earlier I had to tell him that it was just simply a friend gathering. Demetri and I didn't have to do any couple things because we had already set that foundation.

          "Layla called, she said she'd catch a ride with Jackson instead," Demetri said while we joined the busy roads.

          "Ditcher, we are supposed to be the three musketeers," I joked making Demetri chuckle.

         "You just need designated friends to drive you back tonight, you're lucky we have practice tomorrow," he said back.

          "I still don't get how you split being a pro athlete and law student at the same time,"  I asked.

         "Perks of having a top class lawyer for a father, my contract isn't really full on pro until I graduate so it's not a must that I'm playing most games," he explained, "but it doesn't mean I neglect necessary practice or necessary games."

           "Oh, so it's a part time job til after you graduate, then what after?" I asked.

           "I play professionally for a few years, then go into law school and eventually settle down I guess," he said while turning into a street filled with large frat houses, cars were already filing up the parking spaces.

          "Early retirement, kinda sad, but if you like law then it's worth it," I said.

           "Wow, being cast as a psychiatrist's daughter has really paid off huh," he joked.

       "Asshole, I was trying to be supportive," I said while hitting his arm as he laughed.

        After finding a parking spot, we walked out onto the driveway. It was getting a bit chilly and I was starting to regret my outfit choice.
     I was in a nude Flared pleated mini skirt, a brown long sleeved turtleneck and white trainers. I had my Spanish curl braids in a high ponytail.

        We got into the house filled with university students with red solo cups in their hands, dancing and grinding against each other to some pop song playing. 
        Other people were already playing games, making out and the like, just your typical frat party. The whole ground Floor and basement was filled with a mixed of different scents. Some people were in the pool and gosh I swear some guy was fully naked.

        "Looks like we got here a bit late!" I said to Demetri while shouting over the music.
         "I can't even spot Layla or any of the guys."

          "They aren't here, let's go!" He shouted over the music. We pushed past the dancing crowd, mixing bodies everywhere. Demetri held my hand and ushered me through. Some girls tried to grind on him and ran their hands over him. I subconsciously sent them daggers