Chapter 9

ROYANNE

      It's just infatuation, it's probably infatuation.

      Lucas crossed my mind a lot as I worked on some theme designs for valentine. I inconveniently also found business magazine that had his photo on the cover. I had been working at Romero for over a week and School had started. I was getting comfortable with the new environment so that was a good start.

     "Ciao," Quinn said from the door.

     "Quinn, hey. I didn't see you there," I said and smiled.

     "I was just passing by to see how things are going," she said calmly with her handbag draped elegantly on her arm.

    "It's okay. I love the workspace," I replied.

      She engrossed me in a conversation about valentine selection, the Met, my school.
     I almost died of embarrassment when her eyes diverted to the magazine. Luckily, she kept talking.

      "You're a theater major si?" she asked, and I nodded.

      "You should speak to Annabeth Sanchester, we were speaking about theater the other day. I'll tell Tammy to let you know when she comes by, she works under Montanari's Entertainment Section," Quinn explained, "I'll get going now, make sure to take your lunchbreak."

      I nodded, said bye and she left. THIS WAS BIG. Montanari worked with big company like Netflix and Paramount. I'd think she was giving me special treatment, but Quinn is known for her strict yet caring work ethic and how she helps her employees maximize their abilities. My phone ringing brought me back to reality.

     "Hello," I responded.

     "Hey," Lucas said on the other side of the line.

      "Obsessed much,"

      "Don't flatter yourself too much butterfly, I wanted to ask if you're coming over?"

     "Don't you have work?"

      "I pulled a workaholic streak last week, so I finished pending projects,"

      "Okay then, I'll see you at seven, I still have a project to do," I said. We talked a bit more before I hung up. Grinning.

    "Royanne, can I see the them-" Quinn said while walking in but I got startled and topped the sketching tools over.

      "Uhm.. I wanted to see your ideas, if they aren't done then don't worry I'll see them tomorrow," she said.

       "Uh. I think that'll be great, let me organize them and I'll drop them off with Tamara," I managed.

     "Sure, have a great day," she said and left.

     I quickly did the job and left for Lucas's place. I let myself in because I'd visited a couple more times before.

     I walked into the TV room to find him watching Good girls.
      "Oh my God," I couldn't contain my laughter.

       "Royanne uh.."

       "you like watching series?"

       "Um yah. From time to time,"

       I raised my eyebrow.

       "Okay a lot. It's a good stress reliever," he said, "you're early."

      "Thought I'd surprise you but let me not stop you. Let's watch," I said while sitting down.

       "um.. sure, do you want to get into the fleece blanket too?" he asked.