Chapter 30

DEMETRI

    "Your life is like a dramatic romance movie," Lorr said through the phone.
      I was on a joint call with him and Josiah. They were the only other people who knew about the fake relationship.

     "Tell me about it. But anyway, Quinn's due to get here soon," I told them while looking at my watch. It was almost two in the afternoon.

       "You know, a few months ago, I would have thought this thing with you and Quinn was just a faze," Josiah said.

      "A faze?" I asked.

      "Yah," Lorr added, "You even know that most of us guys usually go through a faze of liking an older girl."

      "But after that stunt you pulled after her birthday, you my man, are a goner," Josiah said.

       "Do you think it's a faze?" Lorr asked me.

       "How am I supposed to know?" I asked, "I just know that every other woman dulls in comparison to her.
     Despite all odds, I want her. I want to see her smile, to be her shoulder and try as hard as possible to be by her side through everything."

        After a moment of silence, both my stupid cousins broke into laughter.

       "He has fallen, I repeat, we have lost a brother," Lorr said.

       I rolled my eyes. I had fallen for her. Something about her always draws me.

        "Have you told her though?" Jo asked.

      "I don't think it's the right time, especially with the whole fake dating thing," I told them.

       "Well, don't hold on too long. Quinn looks like a rational person, she might just begin logically thinking over everything," Jo replied.

      I heard a car pull up in front of the lake house.

      "We'll finish this conversation later, Quinn's here," I told them.

       "Sure loverboy, have fun, say hey to mamacita for me," Lorr said and I ended the call.

      The front door opened the closed and Quinn walked into the room in black leggings and a white tunic sweater. It was October so winter was rolling in.

      "Sorry I'm late, last minute emergency," She said while putting her bag down.

      "Well I'm just glad you're here, we have a long trip ahead of us," I told her while wrapping my hands around her waist.

       "En realidad, I just thought we'd be here cuddling while I made fun of you reading," She told me.

      "I'm sure you'd enjoy that but I have other plans, now wait here while I go pack some things in my car," I told her while walking to the kitchen.

       "Where are we going?" she asked from the living room.

       "Somewhere only we'll know," I joked.

      "Wow," She said then laughed at the song reference.

      I put the fresh foods into a cooler box and put ice into another for the cold drinks.
      The other things were already packed so it was just these left. I got them in and went back to the house.

      "Let's get going Trixie," I said to Quinn.

      She looked up from the photos on the wall she was looking at.