f o u r t y - f i v e

"may I ask why you're suddenly bringing this up other than the case is unsolved?" you begin to ask for some deeper reasons meanwhile Jungwon writes whatever he says

"I know it's been years, but my friend never got his justice," he says in a sad tone

his happy mood turned into a sad one and you feel guilty for him, you hate how you always hear people not getting their justice, it's just so sad and inhumane.

everyone deserves justice whether they're rich or not.

"please continue" you face him once again.

"here you see, his name is Jimin," he says in his deep voice.

your jaw drops right away as soon as you hear his name again from someone, and your eyes begin to slowly soften up, making it all watery.

"w-what happened to him, p-please hand me out h-his last file from the past lawyer" you mumble while trying not to cry, but it gets obvious when you speak longer.

he looks at you with innocent eyes as he hands out the file, you immediately open it and you internally freeze.

the first page shows the yellow paper which is also known as his death certificate, your eyes begin to scan his information, he died on November 3, 2022.

your eyes begin to water the more you scan his information, it's been years since he died and this is the first ever time that you're holding his actual death certificate.

"Attorney Y/n, is there something wrong?" your secretary observes our whole state but you didn't reply to him.

your eyes go to the reason for his death, you feel an ache in your heart as soon as your eyes scan it.

"Caused by a gunshot"

your chest starts to feel heavier each second you breathe and it's making it hard for you to adjust, your whole body stays frozen at that particular phase.

you wake up your mind once again and try to be professional in reading it, it says there that he died when he was just 18 years old and the place of his death was in Seoul, South Korea. The specific place is nearby or in a high school.

High School?

your question to yourself is, how can he be killed in a nearby high school?

"w-what's with-" you ask Jin

he is about to answer your question when his phone begin to ring, he sighed loudly as it was obvious that he hates random phone calls, especially during times like this, he apologized and excused himself, and accepted the call.

you just sat there while examining the yellow paper on your hands.

"I'm sorry Y/n, My secretary called me and she said that I have to go back to the office because I'm about to meet one of the biggest investors for my company," he says tiredly.

"C-can I keep these? I'll study about these," you ask him and your eyes point at the files. he gestures a nod to you while he rushes to fix his stuff.

you give him a small nod as you both shake hands and he also shook hands with your secretary and leaves.

-

after a few more hours, you managed to finish all of the work you're supposed to finish and now you're sitting in your office room with the files in your hands.

your mind was too focused on the yellow paper to the point where you completely forgot that there are still other files on the back of the following pages.

you slowly remove the compilation folder binder and take out the papers one by one, you hate it when the papers are not aligned and the 2 holes on the left side won't align when you try to combine them all.

you read more about the information about his case, it says there that he used to study in the same high school as where you used to study, he used to be sociable and active, and he goes well with most of his classmates in his classroom. He is also intelligent and wise, he even got numerous academic awards during his high school years.

he is also supposed to be graduating in the last year of Senior Year, in the year when he died, but his diploma was still given by his professor to his parents and 3 gold medals, you flip once more and now you see his graduation picture.

your heart gets softer while your eyes land on his handsome picture, his smile.

the smile that you've been longing to see, can now just be seen through a picture

you notice his ear-to-ear smile, and your eyes begin to soften as you see his eyes, his eyes are squinting and he has a mortarboard hat on his head.

you show a small smile as if you're giving it to him, but you mentally move your head as you flip more of the pages in your hands.

you look for his other information like how the case went and his last attorney's notes, but you couldn't find any.

your mind begins to fill up with thoughts, did they dumped this case so badly that they didn't care about it?

the killer's name stays unknown as there were no pieces of evidence to show that, according to the notes made by the lawyer, witnesses used to assume that this one guy killed him, but there was no strong evidence to prove their accusation.

but the thing is, the name of the suspect wasn't written here.

you furrow your eyebrows, how can the lawyer be this neglectful to not write the most important things about his case rather than the others?