f o u r t y - s i x

-

                                                                       -

(A/n: Hi guys! I am back from my long hiatus! I am sorry for the wait, but here I am, the school has been taking over so much of my time and I am sorry for that, but now that I'm back and ready to slay! HAHAHAH enjoy this! Love y'all!)

-

a new day has arrived, you're currently handling your second case of the day that has started since 9 am, but your mind continues to get disturbed as you continue to overthink the information you read yesterday.

you had a feeling, a feeling that they neglected Jimin's case which makes you have several emotions, you were sad, angry, and disappointed.

the case didn't even last a month and they closed it immediately just because there were no primary suspects.

"Attorney Y/n what can you say about the witness'  statement?" the judge asks you.

you blink twice as you hear the judge's words, you were not listening to the witness' statement which is a hugely disappointing moment for you.

"Well, the witness has witnessed and has shreds of evidence about what happened, so I can conclude that she is telling the truth," you say then later on let out a sigh.

the judge nods after you said your words, the criminal's other attorney has been staring at you as if you've made a huge mistake in his whole life.

you give him a silent glare and back at the witness who's sitting beside the judge.

you're been used to these stares and gossip ever since you were in High school, and especially when you became a lawyer, people used to say that you took the elevator instead of the staircase.

it was so bad for your part to the point where you had to prove that you did it using the hard way, but your sister said that you could never please other people and their opinions about you, you can't control it.

so you decided to remain unbothered and let them stare as if you were the gold one here.

the same goes for other lawyers, many of them are envious of you because you're popular and so many clients want to have you as their lawyer, which you gladly accept to tease them more.

-

"I, therefore, conclude that Mr. Han is guilty beyond reasonable doubt" the judge announces to everyone.

you give out a huge sigh as you hear the words that your client has won the rape case she filed against her uncle.

she hugs you tightly and you could feel all of her emotions through the hug, she begins to tear up and you place a palm on her back to calm her down.

'Thank you so much, Attorney Y/n! You're the best lawyer in the world!" she says happily, you thanked her back and her parents too.

after the whole family left the judicial court, you begin to go back to your office, but your happy mood instantly changes as you realize that you have to take 4 staircases to your office.

and the elevator is unavailable which made you swear to the heavens, now who say that you took the elevator when it isn't even available at this point?

after you quietly swore under your breath, you hear heavy footsteps from behind you, you instantly gulp your saliva as you know that hearing lawyers swear in this place may ruin their reputation.

you slowly turn your head to the back, but you sighed as soon as you saw no one behind you.

your reputation is safe.

you continue to walk but you immediately stop in your tracks and let out a "hmm" with your mouth closed and your eyebrows furrowed.

there was no one at the back, right?

but why did you hear footsteps from the back?

 -

you slowly place the whole boutique of flowers beside his jar as you stare at his gravestone.

"Hey, how are you up there? I hope that you're doing well" you smile at the gravestone

you move your head up to the sky as you stare at the blue cloudy sky, you place a hand on your thigh and caress it with your thumb.

today's quite windy, so you slightly shiver over the cold weather, you almost facepalmed yourself for not packing a thick hoodie since all you're wearing is a pencil skirt and a button-up with a pink suit that couldn't even protect you enough.

"Well, did you know that I and Jin have finally met once again, but this time he told me something very important, he wants to open your case once again..." your voice slowly starts to disappear as it slowly cracks.

not because of the cold, but because of justice.

"but when I opened your file, it made me happy, especially seeing your smile that's so contagious that it makes me smile as well" you smile while giving out your words.

"but, I couldn't understand why, w-why was it lacking so much information, I-I mean, I honestly believe that they just neglected your case" you gulp your throat since it begins to shake.

"it makes me sad, and disappointed at the same time" you try to hold your tears but they just flowed down your cheeks.

"I-I am sorry, Jimin, You don't deserve this, I'll fight for you, for us" you place a hand on his jar and caress it carefully.

"I'll do whatever it takes and give out my full capacity just to serve you the justice that has been stolen from you"

you expect yourself to shiver a lot more since the wind is getting stronger but you don't feel a thing.

"I'll make sure that you get the justice that you deserve".

you slowly take his jar and place it on your chest, you're bad at controlling your emotions to the point where you're already a crying mess in the commentary but you didn't care.

but you didn't notice that someone wrapped their soft arms around you to cool you down