f o u r t y - e i g h t

-

-

He looks at you in amusement, he gets speechless while scanning you from head to toe, just by his facial expressions, you can also tell that he never expected you to come to this place.

Professor Hope: Y-Y/n, i-is that y-you?

he stutters while looking at you with his wide eyes, you smile at him nicely and nodded as a yes at him.

he covers his mouth in shock and proceeds to come close to you for a hug and you did the same thing, after the hug, he slowly let go of you and gestures for you to come inside.

your eyes wander around the whole classroom, and you're amazed by how beautiful and decorative the classroom is compared to before, the walls are filled with artwork and fashion made by students.

Professor Hope: what brings you here? well you know that I didn't expect a well-known layer like you to visit

he smiles at you while trying to arrange the number of papers that are scattered on his table, he gathers them up and tries to fix them all by tapping the bottom part of the papers on the table, you smile at his words, he never changed his personality and you love it, he was always the one who used to encourage you to do better in life and here you are now.

you: I would like to ask something from you

he places the papers on top of each other until it becomes a stack of them, he stops as he walks towards you with one of his eyebrows raised.

Professor Hope: really? how can I help you with this?

your mind begins to remember all of those things that have happened in the past and how they could help you with the case that you're currently handling

you get up the courage to tell him everything and your purpose of coming back to your old high school.

"Y-you're currently handling J-jimin's c-case?" s-since when?" he stutters in surprise

"ever since Jin contacted me about it, he wants me to reopen his case once again, s-since the case was unsolved and the past lawyer who handled his case didn't even do a good job" you sigh after saying your words.

you hate stuttering, you do, but you don't mind it when other people stutter, stuttering is a very big no-no when it comes to your current job and it can affect you.

his beamy smile turns into a sad and disappointed look, and it even looks like he knows about it because he nodded while you were saying your words.

"yes, I do know that his past lawyer didn't do a good job, it's disappointing," he says with a stern look on his face.

"and I would like to ask help from you if you know anything about his case since you were one of his closest people," you say confidently.

he gazes at you and nods his head as a yes.

"I am glad to help you, Attorney Y/n" he states.

a plastered smile came out of your mouth, you love how people call you that, and even more than your old professor called that to you too just right now.

well, the word Professor was always only used for college and university teachers but everyone wants to call him a professor since he's a very good and marvelous teacher, the standards are set too high for someone like him.

"Okay, let's start then, I'll need to record your voice for evidence" you take your phone out and start the voice recording, he nods his head as a yes for consent.

-

"it all started for around more than 7 years ago when a loud gunshot was heard in the entire school campus that shocked everyone, some didn't mind the loud shot but some students were concerned about it because the sound was very thunderous and terrifying so the school has investigated it...." his voice slows down as it begins to get shaky.

"w-well, the school didn't find anybody, weapon, or evidence to prove that something bad happened so they just marked the case done and solved...." he shuts his eyes closed while making a line on his lips.

"about Jimin, his death was you know, unrevealed, no one knew that he died, all they knew was that he began to not care about school anymore since he never communicated with anyone in the class, nor his teachers or me, his favorite one" he lets out a sigh.

you immediately got disoriented by his words, and your mind got jumbled to the point where you stopped listening to his words and just stared straight at the wall but thankfully you got a recording in your phone for you to come back to it anytime.

Professor Hope stopped speaking when he realized that a tear escaped his eye while looking straight at the wall.

Professor Hope: h-hey, a-are you still listening?

he lowers his head to look into your eyes which look disoriented right now, you jumped slightly and looked at him immediately.

you: i-i'm sorry, p-please continue...

you say while trying to get your phone from the table which has been on for 15 minutes.

goddamn, 15 minutes of speaking and you only listened to a 3-second sentence.

he nods his head with a concerned face but he continues speaking.

"b-but according to the investigation, they suspected someone who could've killed him, who used to be a student here in the school"