f i f t y - t w o

-

-

you know that making this terrible plan might ruin your whole career as a lawyer, but you have to risk it just for Jimin's justice 

that was stolen from him in the first place

in your mind, it's telling you not to do it and try to make another plan, but your heart says to do it because being a lawyer is not only about helping clients for money and fame but to serve them what's right.

you're scared of what else might happen but you remember that you're on the right side and you're protected by the law.

but how far could your bravery lead you?

as of yesterday, you invited your so-called past best friend who you don't talk to anymore to try and have a reunion together by having dinner this evening and he agrees with you so you texted him the address of the place and he replies with a "see you soon"

you admit you're currently nervous about what's gonna happen next because you do know his intentions, it's something that you are scared of.

you experienced trauma and began to get frightened about men, but Jimin was there to help you overcome it.

-

"a booking for Y/n please" You firmly hold your purse with both of your hands in front of your body while smiling deeply at the receptionist.

"Attorney Y/n? It's an honor to see you" she bows at you politely and thanks her with a bow.

"Please wait a moment, ma'am" she beams at you while typing on her computer.

"a table for 2?" she asks and you nod, she leads you on the way to the table you reserved for you and him.

you thank the receptionist and she welcomes you with a warm smile, the waiter asks for what you would like and you just ordered a whole bottle of wine, the waiter places a wine glass and opens the wine, and pours down some in it.

you place both of your hands on the table while looking around the place, the place you chose is a fancy restaurant that you usually go to when you're in the mood to, it may be expensive for others but you consider the price as a  penny. a chandelier is above your table, and soft music is playing in the background.

it's been 5 minutes, you've finished your entire glass of wine and he still hasn't arrived yet

"Y/n?"  a manly voice says, you slowly look up to see him.

it's him, once again.

you gulp your saliva while scanning his whole feature, his hair is shifted to the back thanks to the gel, his face didn't change from the last time you witnessed his looks, he's become manlier and buffer, and his voice changed a lot and his style too.

he's wearing a red suit with matching red pants, his inner polo is white, and has a phone in his hands.

"Thanks for coming, Jake"

he gives you a seductive smile but you didn't budge, you gesture to him to sit in the area opposite to yours, and he smiles like a devil and takes a seat.

'So, what's the invite about?"  he smirks at you while resting his chin on his palm and his elbows against the table, his eyes directly looking at you.

you're beginning to get frightened and speechless for a second, but you remind yourself how much you want to rip off that guy's face.

instead of slapping him immediately across the room to make him feel how much you hate seeing his fake smile, you also smile at him.

"Well, I'd like to have dinner with one of my CLOSEST friends since high school" you tightly smile at him, it felt forced as well.

you purposely said the word "closest" loud and clear for him to feel the impact of your words.

he smirks at you as you offer him a glass of wine that's filled halfway in, it looks like he has no clue of the sarcasm vibes you're giving him.

"I bet you missed drinking with me" he smirks while his eyes scan all over you and back to his drink, he takes a hold of his glass and drinks the wine.

you stayed silent while staring at him your eyes scan all over him and you notice that he has been more into going to the gym.

but you suddenly remember that you have to speak out for yourself.

"oh high school days, so much happy memories" you grin at him while taking a sip of your wine, he smiles back at you and then puts both of his hands on the table.

"shall we order?" you smirk while looking at him from head to chest, he nods his head

-

"Thanks for tonight, you were charming" he smiles at you as he tells you to lead the way outside.

you thank him back as you both bid goodbye, he goes to his car meanwhile you hold both of your hands on your stomach while looking at him with a smile.

and when his car drifts away, your smirk turns into a frown.

"what a bitch" you mumble under your breath while trying to mimic how horrible his flirting style was you wanted to argue about how his flirting style was like a middle school courting stage.

but your frown turns into a smirk as your plan of inviting him to a made up party that you planned actually worked.

he was even willing to invest in the party that you want to host but you declined his offer and replied with a "it's just a penny"

he even promised that he won't be late because he wants to see your gorgeous face again.

you cringe while remembering those words he told you.

he really needs some training 

but you're glad he accepted it.

and it will be a party that he will remember for his whole life.

A/n: This story is close to the end! but not too soon, so stay tuned! Ad I am really sorry for the delays in updating, my school has so many events and I am one of the main participants that's why I don't have much time, but then again, Thank you and Godbless.