Chapter 28 - Pray

Warning: Typographical and Grammatical Errors ahead...

They used the back entrance as always, going towards 'Gulf's' sole area inside the whole hospital and that where they all stayed. Worried for the unconscious man that's being wheeled in by a stretcher.

Mew knew better than to insist going inside the room together with the staff but he just can't stop worrying. And of course everyone understands, it's his daughters and his fiancé inside.

But him pacing around the hallway isn't really helping either.

"Mew, son, why don't you sit down, okay? Your Tito Anthony is doing his best right now to find out what went wrong. And I'm sure Kana won't break his promise to you, would he?" Mae said, attempting to sooth her soon-to-be son-in-law.

"I know Mom, but it's just...it's Gulf. You know how much I love and cherish him. Seeing him like that, and I know he's in pain and yet I can't help him ease that pain, it-- it breaks my heart, and I feel like I failed him, our daughters I--" Mew is rambling and for the first time in almost three years of him being with both his and Gulf's family, that was the first time that they saw him loose all of his cool.

"Son, we don't know what happened, and if we did, for sure all of us wouldn't think twice but help you and your family, don't you think so? So let's just wait patiently okay? Just pray sweetheart, I'm sure Gulf would like to see you first the moment he wakes up and he needs you, he needs you more than ever right now" Suporn said rubbing circles on Mew's back.

Alex sighed before looking at him, "I know this is insensitive of me to say because I don't know what you're feeling right now but, Gulf needs you to be strong for him. Because if he sees you smiling and telling him that it will be all alright, he will believe you and continue on taking care of himself better. He promised me that he will fight for this, for them, and for you, so trust my son, and trust yourself, okay? You already promised each other that you'll face the altar and be together with your daughters? Now, without taking an oath, I'm sure you both will do just that"

Mew didn't say anything but just nodded. He sat down on one of the waiting chairs as his father sit next to him and tap his back, comforting his son, the best way he could. He's not really the type to talk and Mew knows it, but being there with them, with him, it's enough for him.

As they were waiting, their friends arrived at the hospital, looking defeated, "How's he?" Bright asked, "It's almost an hour and they're still not out yet" Grace said and Mew sighed before standing up and walking away from all of them.

"Mew--" Zee was about to call him but Bright just held his arm and shook his head, "He needs to be alone right now" he said, "But--" Off interjected however Bright just shook his head.

"Follow him" Suporn told Jomkwan who nodded, but she's back right after, "Let's leave him alone right now, he's at the hospital's chapel" she said softly and everyone nodded.

"Mew's not a religious person" Suporn tried to lighten up the waiting area, "He's not" Boonsak agrees, "It's his family, of course he'll do everything just to save them" Mae said with a little bit of chuckle.

While Mew on the other hand, kneeled infront of the make shift altar, being so vulnerable in front of the cross. As if he's saying that he doesn't want anything but the words that his mind and heat have been saying.

"I-I know that I'm not that religious, I'm not that keen on praying, honestly I only ever did started praying when I met Gulf and showed me how he spends his sunday's" Mew chuckled as tears started streaming down his face.