1

"Hanagaki! Where's that new chapter!"

"My motivation decided to take a vaycay, Sayu," I sighed as I sat hunched over my desk filled with papers and drawing supplies. With a blank stare at the empty page, I pushed back my ombre blonde waves.

"Have you been taking your meds?" she asked with a sigh as she closed the front door.

"... maybe... I forgot," I said after a moment of thinking.

"How can you forget? It's written on your fridge."

"Just because it's somewhere that I should see it, doesn't mean I will," I lazily defended as I laid back in my swivel chair.

"Yeah, go figure," she groaned as she ruffled her brown locks. "Go take them and listen to some rock music to get you back in the mood. I'll hang here for a bit," she said as she took a seat on my old black couch, setting her bag beside her in the process. 

"Don't want to break the news yet?" I chuckled as I got up and took off my glasses.

"What? That our top gal had another flumped week?" she sarcastically asked.

"No, not at all. Just that the great Danaju picked up another hobby," I replied before taking my meds with a glass of water. Then I took a seat at my desk again and turned on the TV, going to the music app.

"Oh, God, what this time?" she asked with exasperation.

"Well, you're sitting on it," I absently said as I scrolled through my recommended playlists. They mainly were English indie, lo-fi, and j-pop now.

She looked at the blue-toned blanket under her and sighed. "Knitting?"

"Yep," I replied as I picked a j-rock playlist.

"You're irredeemable, ya know that?" she said as she grabbed her bag and stood up. "I'll be back next week to check up on you."

"'Kay~ Text me reminders to take my meds, please," I said as I put my glasses back on.

"Yeah, I will," she said before leaving.

I turned the TV up a bit before turning back to the paper. After a few minutes of nothing, I took out my chapter script and read through it, making a few adjustments here and there. Why the hell is he talking that way? That's too OOC... Thoughts like this came to mind along with an array of others as I read through, which led me to look at future chapters and forget about the page I was supposed to be illustrating.

A loud ring eventually erupted from my phone, pulling me from my reviewing and editing work. Notebook and pen still in hand, I rolled to the counter that the annoying ringing came from and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Danaju Hanagaki speaking," I answered as I closed my notebook, knowing I would zone the conversation out if I read anymore. 

"Hey, Sis, it's Take."

"Oh, hey, sorry, I didn't look at the number," I chuckled.

"No problem," he weakly chuckled.

"What's up?" I asked, hearing the change in his tone.

"Do you remember Hinata?"

"Your Ex? Yeah, why? Did you grow a pair and ask her out again," I sniggered, giving a sly look to nothing in particular.

"Daju!" he exclaimed with a blush, I imagine.

"Kidding, kidding," I waved off. "So?"

"She passed just a couple of days ago..."

"Shit, man... Sorry to hear that. She was a good person." She really was. Even with dealing with my brother's constant antics, she really was good to him. Not to mention, she was the only girlfriend he ever had.