4

The next day came as normal as usual, and my hand was still hurting like crazy, despite taking painkillers. Sayu had gotten all of the pieces of the bat out of my hand and bandaged it for me, so now the majority of my right arm was covered with something.

"So, what are you gonna do about homework?" Take sleepily asked as we made our way to school.

"I'm ambidextrous, remember? Takemitchy?" I replied with a bit of a smirk.

"Oh, right... wait. Since when?"

"Since about two years ago- Ooooooh, yeah... this me couldn't even write the Kanji for person with my left hand. My concept of time is horrible."

"Yeah, I knew that one," he chuckled.

"Hey, Takemichi." Quickening their pace to catch up with us was none other than the girl responsible for us trying to change the past. "Hey, Danaju," she greeted with a small wave.

"Hey," I greeted with my own wave with my injured hand.

"What did you do?!"

"She punched a wooden bat," Take sighed.

"You act like I wouldn't have gotten clocked in the back of my head if I didn't."

"I swear, you two are too much," Hinata sighed. I had almost forgotten how nice she was. Why am I referring to her in past tense? We're here to save her, and we will. There's no room for doubts or failures.

"Well, I'll leave you two love birds alone," I teased before walking ahead.

"Daju!" Take exclaimed in embarrassment to which I just stuck my tongue out at him before quickening my pace some.

Sighing to myself, I put my messy hair up and looked at my phone. It still felt weird to be back in 2005. I had gotten back into the swing of things, but I still felt out of place. Though, that could just be the adhd talking... With me, it would usually take a while to feel like I belong somewhere, unless I felt at home right away, that is. It was the same with making friends, unless I clicked with you right away, it'd take a while for me to be fully comfortable.

"Hey, Daju~" Sayu cooed as she came to a slow next to me. "Or should I call you Danny?" she chuckled.

"Ha ha, very funny."

"In all seriousness though, I can't believe someone as strong as the Mikey made you his buddy. Not to mention, as hot as him."

"I know, right? Not to mention, he's so adorable at the same time." There it was, my obsession with delinquent boys that lasted all the way till now. Though it wasn't just any delinquent, they had to have something that stood out to me. Kiomasa, for example, is like the ugly bastard. Mikey and Draken, on the other hand, are like diamonds in the rough. And, as I found out when I was about twenty, I'm not really sexually attracted to anyone, not anyone I've met at least, but I still admire their looks and such.

"True, true," she nodded. Sayu, like me, loved the looks and style of delinquents, but never got romantically involved with any. The guys she dated were always nice guys before they somehow lost interest in her or vice versa.

~

The school day went by as it normally did, except for a pop quiz during my morning math class. Then it came to be art class when I heard a bunch of commotion outside of the classroom.

"What school are you bastards from?" "Get the hell outta here!" "What do you think you're doing?!" were some of the things I heard before the door slid open.

I was in utter shock and confusion at this point. Because it was Mikey that slid open the door.

"Hey, there he is!" he said with a smile before coming into the room. "Come out and play with us, Danny," he said as Draken poked his head from around the corner.