9

August third.  Today's the day that Kenny was supposed to be stabbed and killed. Take somehow managed to get them back on good terms and Toman has become whole again, so he should be safe. 

"Hey, Daju, did you bring any cash? I got extra if not," Sayu said as she looked in her wallet.

"I have some left from my winning money." Luckily for Take, I took first place in the tournament and I hadn't spent too much of it yet. Today was also the festival, so we were heading there, Sayu wearing a purple lily-patterned yukata, and I just wearing normal clothes. I didn't own a Yukata and some of the guys from Toman would be there anyway.

"Oh! Danaju, Sayu!" we heard from behind us. We turned around to see Hinata and Emma. Hinata was wearing a pinkish purple yukata while Emma was wearing a blue one.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you so soon," Sayu said as they caught up. "You must be Emma," she said with a smile as she faced the girl. "I'm Sayu, Daju's best friend. It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise," she returned.

"Why aren't you wearing a yukata?" Hinata asked.

"Um-" I tried getting out.

"Why would he wear one?" Emma asked with her brows furrowed.

"Eh?" 

"Hinata," I sighed. "She doesn't know."

"Well, cat's out of the bag now," Sayu sighed.

"I- I'm so sorry!" Hinata apologized.

"You're actually a girl?" Emma asked with a surprised look.

"Yep," I awkwardly chuckled. "Please don't tell anyone. I like to be treated as an equal, y'know?"

"Of course." She nodded. "Wouldn't dream of it."

We finished the ascent to the top of the stairs and saw Take and Kenny at the entrance. We all said our hellos before exploring the stalls. They had all of the usual activities from catching goldfish to shooting for a prize.

We went to a few stalls, playing games, winning prizes, and getting snacks. But, it started raining before long. We ran for cover under some nearby trees. Then, a thought struck me.

"What's wrong?" Sayu asked.

"I just got a really bad feeling... You remember the fight club Kio-whatever was running?"

"Yeah...? What about it?"

"I have a feeling they-" My phone began buzzing, interrupting me. "Yeah?" I asked, answering the call.

"Danaju, I just got a hold of Takemichi about this, but I got some new intel about some of the guys who were in the Mikey faction," Yamagishi said.

"Is someone out for Kenny?" I asked with a sigh.

"Y-yeah. How did you know?"

"Just a feeling."

"Either way, you guys might want to keep an eye on him, just to be sure."

"Yeah, okay," I said before hanging up. "Well, I was right," I sighed. "I hate it when I'm right..."

"Do what you gotta do. Just... don't catch a cold or die, alright?" She smiled.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "Get home safe, yeah?"

She nodded before we parted ways. Now that I think about it... Kio-whatever definitely seems like the type to hold a grudge. Also thinking back on the whole thing with Pah, Peh could definitely be out for blood too since Kenny dragged them away... Shit. We aren't out of the red zone yet... I ran back toward the shrine, hoping that Kenny was still there. When I got there though, I saw Take and Mitsuya.