46

As Rindou came out of his room, an unfamiliar, almost heavenly smell immediately invaded his senses. Ran was never awake before him, so he was confused. With a yawn, he made his way to the kitchen and the sound of sizzling soon met his ears. When he finally reached the room where the aroma and sounds were emanating from, he spotted Danny standing at the stove. Her bi-colored back and silver hair was tied back into a messy bun with her bangs being held back by a headband. A pair of white earbuds in her ears led down to the pocket of a pair of baggy grey sweats as she swayed along to whatever song was playing and drummed her free hand on her thigh.

"Hope ya like eggs 'n bacon," she said without even looking at him while she flipped the eggs. "It'll be done soon, so go wake your brother up."

In response, Rindou just blinked a few times in confusion. He knew that she was supposed to be staying with them, but this was something he did not expect in the least. Danny, the only person younger than him who was hardly fazed when they ran into each other, being nice? That didn't sit right with him.

Noticing he hadn't left yet, Danny looked at him with a raised brow. "Mornin' fog impair your hearing or somethin'? The food's almost done. Unless you want me eating it all, which I sure as hell can and will, go wake up Ran. I ain't lettin' food go to waste."

Rindou furrowed his brows slightly at her, but complied anyway. He was hungry and, though he hated to admit it, the food smelled great. 

"Weirdo..." she muttered as she shut off the fire and put an egg on each of the plates which already had bacon on them. After grabbing her plate and a fork, she sat at the table where she already had a mug of coffee and took the earbuds out of her ears before shutting the MP3 player off.

A few moments later, Rindou came back into the kitchen with Ran trailing a few feet behind. "Okay... What kind of fucked up dream is this?" Ran voiced as he stood in the doorway.

"The dream called life. Now, unless you want me eating everything, pick a plate and eat. I made some coffee too, and if you don't want that, I got some milk and OJ. Take your pick," Danny said before taking a bite of her egg.

The brothers shared a look as if they were asking each other what the hell was going on. Then, Ran shrugged and grabbed a plate before pouring himself a cup of coffee with Rindou following close behind. They silently agreed that this was nothing like they expected, but who were they to complain? The food smelled heavenly, they were hungry, and it was too early to really question the unexpected gesture. "So, did you buy all this, or... ?"

Danny gave Ran a blank look before saying, "No, not at all. The house elves just decided to leave gifts of food and a coffee maker since this place has nothing but chips and popcorn. I tried to thank them, but they just hissed and disappeared into the shadows."

"... What?" Rindou asked, giving her a look that silently asked her what kind of drugs she was on.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, I did, cause I like actual food, thank you very much." Then, she ate her last piece of bacon before downing the rest of her coffee. "If ya need me," she started as she stood, "I'll be in my room minding my own business." After quickly cleaning off her plate and refilling her mug, she left the two alone.

"There's the attitude I expected," Ran commented before he heard the sound of a door closing.

"Mhm," Rindou hummed in agreement. "Did Izana want us to do anything today?"

"Just patrolling, as far as I know."

"Mm. What about that spy?"

"Oh, right... Well," a small smirk tugged at his lips, "we can let Danny have fun with that one, now can't we?"