54

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Sayu exclaimed as she rummaged around her bag.

"Hm?" Danny hummed as she nibbled on a taiyaki that Mikey had brought earlier in the day. She had tried to get him to talk when he was there, but he just played it off like everything was fine. Danny knew she wasn't the therapist or the mom friend, so she had no idea what to do in situations like that. She was a good listener, sure, but she didn't know how to get him to start talking about it. Sayu would probably get through to him...

"These!" she triumphantly exclaimed as she brought out Danny's pair of glasses and a set of keys.

"Where'd you get those?" she questioned as she accepted the two items. While she proceeded to clean the pair of glasses she thought would be permanently gone, the keys were sat on the bed.

"Well..."

"Hey, Cutie."

Immediately recognizing that voice, Sayu looked over to see the older Haitani. Kazutora, on the other hand, immediately stepped between the two with a glare thrown at him.

"Easy Tiger, just need her to give some stuff to Danny," Ran said, tilting his head as he looked at the shorter male.

"It's fine, Kazutora," Sayu assured. "If he tries anything, I'm quick. 'Kay?"

"Just be careful. He's nothing but a scumbag," he responded with another glare at the older Haitani before stepping to the side.

"You wound me," he sarcastically said before closing the short distance between him and Sayu. He dug in his pocket for a second before taking out two items. "Here." He held out the green pair of glasses along with a set of keys. "She'll have about a week before they take everything from our place, so make sure she gets her stuff. 'Kay?"

"And if she loses those damned glasses again, I'm kicking her ass!" Rindou yelled from over by the other S-62 members.

"Well, at least it'll be a bit before they're out... Cause I'll probably lose them within a month," Danny replied with a light chuckle.

"Yeah," Sayu agreed with a light laugh. "Soooooo..."

With a small smile still on her face, Danny rolled her eyes. "Yes, I shared an apartment with them. And no, I didn't have fun. They're annoying as hell." To add onto her statement, she rolled her eyes and made a face of mock disgust, making Sayu lightly chuckle.

"Well," she shrugged, "at least you didn't get into a fight with them."

"Yeah, not with them at least." After checking the lenses, she put on the glasses, instantly making the room look clearer. Ah, wonderful sight, how I missed you.

"Daju..." she sighed with an incredulous look.

"Hey, Madarame had it coming. He took credit where it definitely wasn't due. If I wasn't playing the loyal dog, he would've had a new asshole."

"Well, you're feeling better."

The two looked toward the door to see none other than Baji with his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Well, duh, a broken arm, a hole in my hand, and a little hypothermia ain't gonna put me down," Danny said with a bit of a grin.

"Weeeelllll, I'll leave you two alone," Sayu said as she stood. "I gotta get home before my parents start blowing up my phone. Have fun." As she walked toward the door, she gave Baji a look, confusing him slightly. Then, she left.

"That was weird..." he muttered as he watched her walk out the door.

"How you holding up?" Danny asked, catching his attention.