38

"The hell, Take? It's already been almost an hour..." Danny grumbled as she tapped her foot on the floor, growing more and more impatient until she heard the familiar sound of the front door. She stood and poked her head out of her room to see none other than her brother. "What're you doing?" she asked, making him jump in surprise. Weird.

"G-going to bed? It's kinda late," he replied with a confused look before going into his room.

What the fuck? she thought to herself as she closed the door and leaned against it. "That's not..." A groan escaped her throat as she leaned her head against the door. "Did future me fucking die?" she lowly muttered before heaving out a sigh. 

A small knot formed in her stomach as she pushed off the door to get changed. She didn't like this one bit. She was still here while the Takemichi she had grown accustomed to was in the future, and the only explanation she had for that was her death. Why else wouldn't she be dragged along with? Yes, she hated the weird sensation that shot through her every time it happened, but this wasn't any better. If anything, this made her worry more. She had no way of knowing what was happening. She didn't even know how long he would be there, or even if he would come back. After all this time, they were finally starting to get closer. She didn't want to lose him. Not now. Not after everything they've been through. Not after their relationship was finally starting to repair itself after she destroyed it.

With another loud sigh, she flopped back onto her bed. "I can't even get him that info..." she muttered before perking back up.  What if I...

/

A sigh emitted from Takemichi as he walked into his same old apartment. After everything that had transpired, he was tired. Just finding out that his sister was murdered was enough to stress him to the point of exhaustion. Trying to find any info on Tenjiku only to be unsuccessful proved to tire him even more. 

As he went further inside, he remembered the last time Daju was there. The night when both Hina and Sayumi were killed. A fresh wave of sadness washed over him from the memory. "What's that doing out?" he muttered as he saw his notebook, the one that had Akkun and everyone else's numbers in it. A corner piece of paper was sticking out of the side. Curious, he sat down at the table and pulled the folded-up piece of paper out. Careful to not rip it, he unfolded it. At first, his brows furrowed at what was written, but then they widened in realization as he gasped. 

29.1.2005

Hey, I'm still kicking! I kinda figured out what happened after you got back, but don't worry, I'm fine! Don't know why, but this is how it works. Anyway, talk to N about those papers. I don't remember much about T, but I got a buncha stuff on them I think. Good luck!

He let out a relieved sigh. He didn't know how or why, but she was still alive. His eyes traveled lower on the paper before they widened once again. This was... the translation sheet. Everything was written small, but it was all there, even on the backside. Quickly, he fumbled around, looking for his phone before finally finding it and dialing Naoto's number. Even if she wasn't here, Daju was still the biggest help with information. When he got back, he would have to thank her a million times over.

~

Today marked the second day since Takemichi had gone to the future. It also marked the second day that Danny has had to deal with old annoying, lame Takemichi. It had literally been twelve years since she'd seen hide or hair of this almost pathetic version of her brother and, let's just say, she understood completely why she kept her distance from him.

As she left the grocery store, she let out a deep sigh. After dealing with him all day, she had finally gotten a break and now she had to go straight back into that hell. Shaking her head, she put the bag into her bike's satchel. God, what did I do to deserve this? ... Okay, actually, understandable, she thought to herself before looking up again and across the street. Immediately, her eyes locked on a familiar duo. Wait! I gotta ask them something! "Oi! Inupi, Koko!" she called out as she began making her way over, catching their attention.