43

"Kids! It's time to..." Ryoko stopped mid-step as she entered her son's room. A small smile spread across her face at the sight. Keisuke had his arms wrapped around Danaju, one on her upper back and the other resting on her head while her head was buried under his chin. She turned to leave with a roll of her eyes. "Not together, my ass," she muttered as she went to start breakfast.

A few minutes later, Danny began to stir awake as the faint smell of breakfast invaded her senses. Before she even tried to move though, she froze as she registered the feeling of being held. Again. A bright pink blush spread across her face as Baji began to move. With him waking up, he inadvertently pulled her closer to his chest, effectively making her brain go on the fritz. HOW THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?! she mentally screamed.

A yawn escaped Baji before he realized Danny was awake. A blush of his own spread across his cheeks as he let her go. "Sorry. You were, uh, movin' around a bunch, and I just thought..." he sputtered out as he sat up.

She let out a small groan of embarrassment as she sat up. "Thanks, and, sorry about... that..."

Before they even had the chance to just awkwardly sit there in silence, the door opened, revealing Ryoko. "Look who's finally up. C'mon, kids, I made some omurice."

~

After about an hour or so, Danny left for home saying that her mom was probably worried. Not even two seconds after the door closed behind her, Ryoko turned to her son with a bit of a sly smile. "So~ Since when didja start cuddling with your "friends"?" 

"Wha-" His face flushed to a bright pink. "I don't!"

"Mhm. That's why you totally weren't in her futon and holding her," she replied, unimpressed with his poor attempt at denial.

His face went redder at that. "She was havin' a nightmare, okay? When she was freakin' out last night, it seemed ta help, so..." he trailed off as his head sunk into his arms that were crossed on the table. This was beyond embarrassing. He would've been fine if it was just him and Danny who knew about it, but his even mom saw what happened. He was never going to live this down.

At the sight of Keisuke being in such a flustered mess, she softly smiled. This was the first time she'd seen him like this. "Keisuke," she began, all hints of the teasing tone she had earlier gone. He looked up, his ears still tinted a light pink while his bottom lip was jutted out slightly in a pout. "Do you care about her?"

His brows furrowed in even more confusion. "Course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

She sighed a bit. "Idiot. What I mean is: do you want to stay by her side? Protect her? Be there even when no one else is?" she continued, making a small blush form on his cheeks again. "I've seen how you two are around each other, and it's obvious that you like her." 

At that, he opened his mouth to say something, but she beat him to the punch.

"And it looks like she likes you too," she added, making him snap his mouth shut as his cheeks heated up more. "Ya can't be playing games."

"I'm not," he said, interrupting Ryoko. "I wouldn't do that kinda thing to her. Never." He shook his head at the thought of even attempting to do that, his eyes boring into the table. He'd feel like a shitty human being if he had done that to her, aside from that, she would probably kick his ass if he did.

She smiled a bit. "She's a sweet girl. If you don't tell her, someone else is gonna sweep her off her feet and you'll regret it. Let her know how ya feel, okay?"

~

Once Danny got home, she went straight to her room and face-planted in her bed before letting out another groan of embarrassment. Before she could even begin to get lost in her thoughts though, the sound of her door opening and her brother's footsteps kept her in reality. "Whaddya want?" she asked without moving from the pillow, which muffled her voice.