11

August tenth came and I was still healing. I didn't have any cuts, but I had a number of bruises from tanking a handful of hits. Take on the other hand... got even lamer. He let the rumors go to his head and started wearing ridiculous clothes. And I was alone with my suffering because Sayu went on her yearly trip to Hokkaido to visit family. She was lucky that she didn't have to deal with this.

"Hey, Kenny," I said as I entered his hospital room. "Take's gone off the deep end," I sighed.

"What now?" he sighed as I pulled up a chair and sat.

"You'll see," I chuckled. "He said he was gonna visit later."

"That's gonna be fun."

"Yep," I chuckled as I stretched my arms.

"What you said... was it true?" he asked after a moment.

"I've said a lot of things, you gotta be more specific," I replied lowering my arms.

"About you being a girl."

"Oh, yeah, that one... Yup. I always get mistaken as a boy cause of my flat chest though, so I just go with it," I shrugged.

"Well, you're one strong chick."

"Aw, Kenny, you know just what to say to a woman," I sarcastically said with a sly smirk.

"Uh-huh." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, and I brought some books," I said as I dug into my bag. "I didn't know what you liked, so I brought a variety, even some manga."

"Thanks," he said as I laid out the assortment.

"Also..." I started after a few moments. "I'd appreciate it if you could keep the whole gender thing on the down low."

"Sure, I can do that," he replied as he picked a book out. "Can I ask why though?"

"I like to be treated as an equal," I replied as I rubbed the back of my neck. "A lot of guys see us as the weaker gender, so I'm afraid that some of the guys would treat me differently because of it." I put my hand back on my lap as a small forced smile made its way to my face. "The boys I was friends with back in elementary found out and... Let's just say, we lost contact. I've only had Sayu since, so Toman is the first group of friends I've had. I don't think you or Mikey would do anything like that, but I want to avoid the worst-case scenario."

"Alright," he nodded. "I can respect that." He handed me the rest of my books back.

"Thanks. I mean it," I said as I put them back in my bag. "Oh, on a different note, I got those bloodstains out of your clothes. You can just pick them up or text me when you get discharged."

"Thanks," he nodded.

We talked for a while longer with me mostly updating him on some of the rumors circulating about some of the gangs. Eventually, I left. As I exited the hospital, my phone rang. As per usual, I answered it without looking at the number. "Yello?"

"Hey, Danny, it's Mitsuya."

"What's up?" I asked as I began walking.

"Your uniform's done if you can come to pick it up."

"Yeah, sure, I just left the hospital, so I'm free."

He told me the school and room he was at, so I began heading there. I had nothing else to do today, after all. After a little while of walking, I made it to his school and navigated the halls till I found the room.

"Mitsuya?" I asked as I opened the door. The room was empty. I stepped in and closed the door behind me, figuring he'd be right back and I noticed some sewing machines sitting on the tables. Huh.