52

"What are you doing, Kakucho... Hurry up and end it already!" Izana commanded.

"Kaku-chan will not win against me," Takemichi stated.

"Huh?"

"I know it just by looking at him," he continued. "He looks like he doesn't have enough determination."

Coming up from behind Kakucho, Kisaki said, "Move, Kakucho," and continued toward Takemichi. "So, you're saying you have it then, Takemichi?" he asked as he took out a gun, holding it an inch from his head as he grinned, shocking nearly everyone. ""I won't lose even if I die." That kind of determination, right?"

"A gun?!" Kokonoi exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Hey, what the hell! What is this, a kid's fight?!" Kakucho exclaimed.

Danny looked at the blurry scene with wide eyes. Is he being serious right now?

Even with the barrel of the gun being held up to his face, Takemichi didn't waver. He couldn't explain why, but he wasn't afraid in the least. After everything he's gone through, he couldn't find an ounce of fear in him. The words from everyone he's met gave him the courage to stay standing, to not succumb to the fear of death staring at him through the barrel of the gun. "Please work with me! ... You are my pride." Naoto... "I'll leave Toman to you, Partner!" Chifuyu... "I'm here too, idiot! As long as I'm around, I'm not letting you get yourself killed! ... I want to be there for you." Daju... Thank you. "Kisaki, what's holding you back?"

Gasps of shock filled the area, and quite a few people looked at the blonde in shock as if they were silently asking "what the hell is wrong with you?" All Danny could do was stare at him in shock too, wondering when and where he picked up on her habits. That line was something she would definitely say if she was in his position, but she never expected him to say it.

A loud bang echoed through the area and Takemichi went down onto one knee at the same time. "What's wrong, Kisaki?" he asked, looking at the shocked boy with a grin despite the hole in his foot. "I won't die if you're aiming at my foot."

Have I been around him too much? Danny silently wondered as she continued staring, completely shell-shocked, at her brother.

"I don't have charisma like Mikey."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Kisaki questioned with furrowed brows. He has his gun pointed at his head, yet he was going on like it didn't even exist.

"And I'm not smart like Naoto. Nor am I adept like Koko, and I don't have a body like Mucho. I'm not strong in fights like Draken. And I'm not as adaptive as Daju either. That's why," he pushed himself up again, "I believe in the one thing that I am good at!! I don't give up! EVEN IF I DIE, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!"

"I'll kill you," Kisaki stated as he looked Takemichi in the eye. The unwavering look in his eyes, even in this situation, unsettled him to the core. 

"Go ahead!" To go along with what he said, he took a step forward, making the barrel of the gun press against the middle of his forehead. "It should be easy, right? You killed Emma, so it should be easy for you."

A moment passed by before Kisaki lowered his gun, both relieving and/or confusing everyone. Then, he punched him with his free hand, knocking him down to the ground. To his surprise, a hand grabbed his wrist.

"Akkun?!"

"What's wrong?" He grinned. "Giving up doesn't exist in your dictionary does it?"

In response, he just looked at him for a second, speechless, until he noticed Peh-yan approaching.