44

"I was wondering why you always had bruises," Sayu said with a sigh.

"Yeah... Lookin' back on it, maybe joining a gang with nothing but bad rumors wasn't the smartest choice," Danny said with a sheepish smile as she handed her friend a bottle of water. Then, she sat next to her on the bench and leaned back with her legs stretched out. Today was one of the days when Sayu was able to come out on a run and they were taking a break after about half an hour of running. "Heck, if I had just waited a while longer, maybe I would've met Mikey and them sooner," she added with a chuckle.

"Yeah," she chuckled, "and maybe you would've had a boyfriend by now."

A light pink spread across Danny's cheeks at that. "Sayu..." she pouted.

"Aw, come on, just think about it! Twelve years from now, you two living in the same house. No kids, 'cause I know how you are. Now, me, I want two kids. No more, no less. Because, you know, the oldest is gonna need a playmate, and three kids are too much, trust me. I've been helping with my four siblings for a while, and no thank you. Two's enough for me."

Danny smiled as Sayu continued rambling about how she and her future husband would live in a big house with a big yard where she'd grow her own vegetables and still have enough room for the kids to run. I promise I'll make that happen this time. I won't let you die... even if it costs me everything. I'll make a future where everyone can be happy.

"Alrighty!" she energetically said as she stood, fist pumped up in the air. "Ready to get back to it?"

"Yup." Danny pushed herself off the bench before stretching her legs for a moment. The pair then left the small park, but before they could get very far, they spotted a black car with tinted windows parked ahead with a guy in Toman's uniform leaning against it. He had rosy pink hair that fell past his shoulders, downturned light-colored eyes with thick lashes, a black mask that covered the lower part of his face, and he looked to be about average height. Oh, that's the Vice-Captain of the Fifth Division... Wonder what he's doing. Eh, not my-

"Hanagaki," sounded a voice from inside the car just as they were passing, making them both stop. Danny looked inside to see Mucho, "we need to talk to you. Privately."

She cocked a brow at that. We literally haven't shared two words. Something's off about this. "About what? I'm kinda busy right now." She didn't know why, but she didn't have a good feeling about this. The look in his eyes was enough to tell her that.

Internally, he sighed. Danny wasn't an idiot nor did she blindly trust people, that much was evident from when she had gotten Kisaki kicked out of Toman and was able to predict Baji's actions on Halloween. And she wasn't weak either. "The attack against Tenjiku. They're strong, so we can't just rush in without a plan."

He's got a point, but still... Danny thought to herself as she looked over at Sayu.

She smiled. "I'll catch up with you later or tomorrow. Don't worry about it," she said as she waved her hand in a shooing motion.

Great, and now I have no excuse to refuse. Without a way to inconspicuously get out of this rather shady situation, she got into the backseat, opposite Mucho, with Sanzu getting into the driver's seat. The car lurched forward and Danny cursed herself for not buying another phone yet. It really would be a pain in the ass to contact anyone if she was right about the situation. "So, what's this really about?" she asked after a few minutes, breaking the silence as she looked over at Mucho with an unamused face. "We've been going in circles the last five minutes. I'm not an idiot, now, spill." She knew that she was probably handling the situation incorrectly, but she was annoyed. All she wanted to do today was hang out with her best friend, maybe grab a bite to eat with some of the others, go home, and sleep. Was that so much to ask?

His turquoise eyes shifted over to her, looking as stoic as ever. "Give me the knife and then we'll talk."

She cocked a brow at that. "And why the fuck would I do that?" No one in Toman except Baji knows I have a knife. How the hell did he find out?

"If you don't want your friend involved, you'll-" Her folded-up switchblade flying past his face and hitting the window with a loud "thunk" promptly cut him off, but didn't faze him.

"You keep her out of this, you fucking bastard," she snarled with her face scrunched up in anger. 

From the front seat, Sanzu's gaze shifted from the road to look back at them for a moment. Despite the flash of red-hot anger, Danny recomposed herself almost immediately. He then locked eyes with Mucho, the latter giving him a slight nod. With that, he looked back at the road and made a turn.

"Okay, you have my knife. Now what?" Despite how pissed she was that he would even attempt to threaten Sayu, her voice was steady, almost calm. How old is he anyway? Wait... is he an S62? Nah, can't be, right? I mean-

"I already know how you are, so I'll cut straight to the chase," he said right before the car pulled to a stop. They were in front of a neighborhood Danny remembered to be on the other side of Shibuya. "Izana wants your strength. Not just your physical strength, but your cunning and smarts too. By now you should have figured that Izana's goal isn't Mikey alone. His charisma. Kisaki's brain. And Kokonoi's financial power. He can make full use of all of those and make the greatest criminal organization."

I fucking hate it when I'm right, damnit... In this situation, she knew she didn't have much of a choice. If they were able to track her and Sayu down so easily, then they definitely knew where Sayu lived. Mucho was subordinate to Izana, a part of the S62 Generation, and if how Izana, Kamishiro, and the Haitanis acted was anything to go by, his threats weren't empty.

"Izana had one thing he wanted you to know," Mucho said, pulling Danny from her thoughts. ""As long as you follow orders, Rin won't touch you." That was what he said."

He must really want me back then. After a moment, she let out a sigh as she turned to look out the window. "If any of you so much as touch a hair on Sayu's head, you'll see exactly what a Devil-turned Beast can do. Other than that... I'll do whatever." Her stomach churned at the idea, but this was the only thing she could do.

Mucho nodded before motioning for Sanzu to go. After a few minutes of the two sitting in a tense silence, a knock sounded on Mucho's window, prompting him to roll it down. A few feet from the car stood Inui and Kokonoi, both of which looked at the car's other inhabitant with shock. With a click of the handle, Mucho opened the car door and got out. "Yo, Kokonoi, Inui."

Without warning, members of the Fifth Division surrounded them, making something like a barricade so the two couldn't escape. Kokonoi's brows furrowed in frustration as he looked at the situation. "Muto, what's-" Before he could get another word out though, Mucho already punched him, sending him back a couple of feet.

"Koko!" Inui exclaimed before he charged. He brought his fist back to strike at the taller blonde, but his feet were swept out from under him before he could execute the attack. He pushed himself up and looked at the person who tripped him, only to be frozen in shock. Inui had expected to see Sanzu behind him, but it was Danaju. She looked different from usual. The usual expressive girl he had gotten used to seeing was replaced with a stoic-looking girl who reminded him of the person she was back in Black Dragon. "Danny, what the hell?!"

"If you want to stop him, you had better take me down first."

His eye twitched in annoyance. He didn't understand what was going on, not one bit. He pushed himself up, keeping his sights trained on the shorter girl in front of him. Then, he made the first move. She completely dodged the first two punches before she delivered her own attack that connected with his right cheek.

After a few more moments, Inui fell unconscious to the ground and, soon after that, Kokonoi blacked out in Mucho's grasp. "Sanzu, get them in the car."

~Another short one today. And, if you couldn't tell with Hanma a few chapters ago, I believe in manga color supremacy. Sanzu looks fine with the light blonde hair, but the pink is so much better. As for his eye color... pick your favorite. He literally has 5 and I love them all, aside from the grey it's... eh. Also, I finally got some TR stickers and my laptop is overflowing. I hardly have room for even the tiny stickers lol~