2

(Some backstory + Fighting)

To this day, I still find it hard to believe how somebody can go from one personality to another. This kind of change is something that had never happened in Khaenri'ah.. Everyone would be living happy, always smiling and helping each other out..

That's how it would be if that day never happened.

~

"Race you!" Diluc ran down the pavement to the Dawn Winery. He took off running, leaving Kaeya to catch up.

Kaeya made a small hum of confusion. Where he's from, kids usually don't play like this. So he started jogging after Diluc, slowly catching up. He was wearing a little cape around his body because it was a little cold.

Suddenly, he bumped into somebody who was walking about. He fell into his hands, knee scraping on the pavement.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, Kaeya!" Said a young blonde girl. She crouched down, her blue eyes showing worry. "Are you okay?"

Jean from the Gunnhilder Clan. She was maybe a year or two older than him. She was a bit taller than Diluc, and a lot taller than Kaeya, since he's small.

Kaeya didn't seem to be in any pain. He turned around, sit on the ground looking at her. He didn't say anything as she pulled something out.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you." Jean pulled out a little container, it had some kind of lotion inside. It's a type of medicine to treat a wound. It helps protect the injury from getting a disease, and helps make the healing process go smoothly. "Good thing I have some first aid stuff on me."

As she applied it onto Kaeya's knee, the bluenette stared at her. His eyes slightly widened when he saw a flash of Nila as Jean. His big sister.. She would tend to react the same way if one of her siblings got hurt. Even though Jean was blonde, and her skin is a lot lighter, she reminded Kaeya a lot about Nila.

"Kaeya?" Diluc came back, as Kaeya didn't seem to catch up with him. "What happened?"

"It's okay. I-I bumped into him by accident." Jean said. That was kind of a lie, as it was Kaeya who bumped into her. She decided to take the blame because she felt guilty.

Kaeya stood up, leaning on his uninjured leg more. No words, just expressions as he stared at Jean. "..."

"Diluc, Kaeya! Come on inside." Crepus opened the door to see the two boys.

"Yes Father! Come on, Kae." Diluc grabbed Kaeya's hand and took him inside. Kaeya took a moment to process what happened. His hand slowly held Diluc's.

.
.
.

Why did this happen? If that day had never happened, I wouldn't be here.. I wouldn't be having these flashbacks of my siblings.. pure and happy.. to lifeless.. Uhm.. But I managed to get through it all. I think. Remember the story Amber told the Traveler? About me sitting in the garden in silence..

..it's something I do daily. If I'm there in that garden, it means I'm mourning. I placed the graves of my siblings there. Khaenri'ahn people mourn by sitting on their knees in front of the graves of their loved ones, and hold their hands together, fingers intertwined. Close their eyes with their head tilted slightly down, thinking about the good times you've had with the names of those before you.

~They'll be listening~

So you know how Kaeya typically wields the Sacrificial sword? Well.. it was the weapon that his dear sister always used. Until now, he'd been using it. Let's see what happens..