30

(Bringing more angst, sorry)

-Backstory(Child Kaeya again)

-This explains my headcanon about why Kaeya likes to flip coins so much

In the Dawn Winery..

The young kids, Diluc and Kaeya, would be watching and playing with the kitties. They had some cats in the Dawn Winery, but in the present days, they've passed.

Crepus was at the dinner table counting the many pounds of mora he had. He wasn't in his office since at the same time, he could watch the kids while Adelinde did some work.

By accident, one of the coins fell, and bounced on the ground under the table. The coin loudly clinked on the ground, which caught the attention of Kaeya.

Kaeya crawled across the floor and grabbed the coin. He stared at it. The little symbol that was printed on the coin.. Was that a Khaenri'ahn symbol..?

Crepus went back to counting the mora as Kaeya proceeded to play with the one coin.

The little kid would roll the coin around and eventually had to follow it going across the floor. For some reason, he was having fun listening to the rings of the coin.

Perhaps it's just been a while since he last heard something like a harmony..

Kaeya happened to end up outside, where he jogged down and chased the coin which was rolling down the pavement. When the coin stopped..

..it happened to be picked up by a young blondie, Thoma. He would hold it out to Kaeya. "Is this yours?"

Kaeya stared, eyes half lidded, as if he just heard something completely ridiculous. After that awkward moment of staring, he stepped forward and smacked the coin out of Thoma's hand. He proceeded to follow the coin rolling down.

"Uh.." Thoma was of course, confused by this behavior. His father soon caught up to him and they continued to walk off.

The coin rolled off, and soon fell into a little crack. Kaeya walked over and crouched down. For a few seconds, he tried to get it out of the crack, but he couldn't grab the coin. The little thing was stuck in there.

Kaeya stared for a moment, before standing up and walking back to the Dawn Winery. His expression just never changes.

Soon, he went back into the residence, and walked right up to Crepus. He stared at the red head as if he wanted another coin. In which Crepus would grab another coin, and let Kaeya come around to see it.

Crepus pressed his thumb onto the coin, and did something to it using the power of his delusion. "Kaeya. Look at this coin. Do you see the markings of the melted material?"

Kaeya would stare at it while Crepus placed it in his small, delicate hand. Again, an unchanging expression. With silence, he listened to Crepus' words. "..."

"I want you to take care of this coin. Keep it with you for as long as you live. This coin shall burn away the bad luck, and you shall live a successful life." Crepus would say. Those words would repeat in Kaeya's head. Again.. and again..

     ..until it went silent..

..

He sat in silence, a bit bigger after about a year of living with the Ragnvindr family. The Dawn Winery seen in the distance as he leaned against a tree. He held his arms as if he were cold.

He was lying there as if he was going to sleep, when he noticed a big figure walking up to him.

"Huh, I came here to look for something, and what do I find..? A lone child with no emotional expression." The Fair Lady had just showed up. Black particles seeped out of her dress as she peered down at the small child. "You look different from the rest, don't you?"