12

(😈)

-Angst

-Some backstory

"Annnd, we're hereby in the alchemists territory!" Kaeya raised his hands as he and Childe entered the study where Albedo and Sucrose usually go to.

.
.
.

"Huh. Nobody's here." Kaeya said. "They must out. You can take a look at their stuff, but don't take anything, and definitely don't break their bottles and stuff. They like having everything organized."

"Eh, I'll probably just make some food." Childe walked over to the cooking pot.

"Okay, then." Kaeya looked around to see if he could locate Albedo. He looked down, and saw a couple of blondies walking down a path. He glanced over at Childe, who was kind of busy, before jumping down to their level.

"I still don't understand how a nation can be torn down." Said a white companion.

It was the traveler, and Albedo. They were having a hangout, talking about.. that place.. Well. Sort of.

Albedo laughed. "Then, we can go over what a scene may look like. For instance, look at those rocks, covered in snow. It seems like a background I would paint."

Paimon and the traveler looked at each other.

"Seems like he's ignoring the fact that we want to learn about Khaenri'ah. Do you think that there's something going on with Albedo?" Paimon questioned things.

"Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it. Or.. he's unaware of what happened." The traveler said.

                    "..That isn't the real Albedo."

The two were interrupted by the Captain, who was walking up to them.

"Captain Kaeya! You're here? Wait, did you just say that this isn't the real Albedo?" Paimon looked at the alchemist who was staring at them.

"Yes. The real Albedo died in the destruction of Khaenri'ah." Kaeya held the cloth on his chest, keeping it from flowing about.

"He's dead? Then who's-"

Kaeya cut her off. "That's a synthetic being that Dainslef created. He couldn't find Albedo's body, so he made a synthetic one from scratch. I still find it hard to believe that he'd do such thing for me."

Paimon was silent. The traveler took this chance to ask something. "Was Dainslef close to you?"

"Yes. He was my brother-in-law. He and my sister were in love with each other. Dainslef went to my house when the war ended, and saw the bodies of my siblings. He didn't know what to do, but there had to be a chance that I was alive, because right before that, Barbatos had sent me into this generation." Kaeya would say.

He had siblings? The traveler thought.

"You were there in the destruction of Khaenri'ah!? How did you survive, but your siblings didn't?" Paimon was in complete shock.

"..My sister. She was a vision user. A sweet soul. She used whatever power she had left to protect me. She succumbed to blood loss." Kaeya stopped himself from tearing up, his expression remaining unchanged. "My brothers were crushed, and were left trying to reach for each other. That's.. how he explained the scene to me."

"Should you be telling this in front of Albedo?" The traveler looked at the alchemist, who's expression was unlikely. He wasn't surprised, or upset. Just.. a blank expression.

"Don't worry about him. He's not going to understand what I'm saying, because he doesn't have the memories of the destruction. Dainslef didn't bother to submit the negative memories. He only remembers the fact that Khaenri'ah was a peaceful land." Kaeya said. "One day, I'll get my revenge on the one who killed my family.."