34

(Sorry for scaring you with almost killing Kaeya)

-Angst

-Mostly dialogue

"Well, now that we're here, Paimon wonders if Kaeya and Diluc are busy." The Lavender-Melon said. "Those two seem to hide a whole lot."

They stopped walking for a moment to talk some more.

"They could be talking as we speak, even." Paimon put her hands on her hips.

"Maybe they're just busy." The traveler looked at her with a nonchalant expression.

"Hm.. you're right. But, Kaeya more than Diluc, because he is the quartermaster of the Knights of Favonius. Diluc only works as a bartender for the Dawn Winery." Paimon said. She would keep speaking. "But still. We should pay them a visit since they're our friends."

The traveler would nod. Then, the two would walk up the stairs of Mondstadt, where they were soon greeted by a friend.

"Honorary Knight! You're back!" Noelle jogged up to them. "How was the trip to Inazuma?"

"Oh, it was great! We met a lot of new friends, and lots of interesting new things. Paimon also had a wide variety of food." Paimon would kick the air as she floated. You could tell that she loved Inazuman cuisine.

"Sometimes I think you just wanted the food, Paimon." The traveler said.

"Hey! It's not like Paimon is hungry 24/7." Paimon would pout.

Noelle giggled. "Seems like you had a good time then. Well, is there anything going on that I could assist you with?"

"Actually uh, we were going to visit Kaeya and Diluc. Do you know if they're in the Angel's Share or.. the Dawn Winery, maybe?" Paimon would question.

Noelle seemed to get a bit hesitant at that. "Uh.. I uhm.." She got a bit shy, looking at the ground for a moment, before looking back at the Traveler and Paimon. "I haven't seen them all morning, actually. Later though, I was going to meet up with Captain Kaeya for training lessons. But if he doesn't show up, I'll just train on my own. Sometimes he doesn't make it because of other business, and I fully understand." She would giggle.

The traveler thought for a moment. Hmm..

"You've been training with Kaeya? How is he?" Paimon asked. All of a sudden, she was curious.

"O-Oh! Kaeya is the one who's been training me. I guess you didn't know.. He's a really good teacher, and he has a lot of tips and advice on how to get stronger. I've made a huge improvement before I asked him to train me. I feel so refreshed." Noelle would beam.

"Yeah! Paimon thinks you look even tougher than before." Paimon smiled at her. "Maybe the Traveler should ask him to train them next time."

The traveler stared her down. "I'm fine on my own, Emergency Food."

"Hey! I thought you were done with that nickname for good!" Paimon turned her body toward the traveler.

"Well, I guess you could check the Angel's Share to see if they're there. But if not, you could go to the Dawn Winery. Those are the most common places they're found." Noelle said.

"Alright, thanks Noelle!" Paimon said.

"It is my honor." Noelle would put a hand on her chest with a kind smile.

After that, the traveler and Paimon would head to the Angel's Share. And when they entered, they would look around. But it didn't seem like Kaeya and Diluc were in there.