43

(I feel so slow 😂)

-Fighting

-Finally, the one we've been waiting for.

"Eh? Eh?? Did we lose him?" Amber questioned. "He's not following us anymore."

"Has he snapped out of it? Nevermind that, there's still a lot going on." Jean said.

Lupical.. Can't feel you.. Razor couldn't feel the wolf's presence anymore. I smell.. something stronger..

He didn't recognize this scent. It was different. It was new.

"There's an exit. Let's take it and find whoever we can." Jean would lead the group of three.

"Okay Master Jean!" Amber followed close behind with Razor next to her. She glanced over, concerned about what he was feeling at this time.

Poor Razor. He just had to fight for his life against somebody who must be close to him.. Fear not, I will make this right. Amber blinked, looking ahead with a determined expression.

Crumble..

"Careful! I just heard something." Jean stopped them. She held her sword ready to protect them.

"..This scent.." Razor looked up. "..Razor recognizes it.."

~

Diluc and Noelle ran into what almost looked like an atrium made from a cave. But there was no opening. There was hardly light.

Diluc's eyes widened when he saw a tall figure standing in the center. The outfit was authentic. They were standing there, as if they had been waiting for something to happen.

Rex Lapis! He had a flash of pictures through his mind. They were about Kaeya. He had heard Kaeya's story, finally, and he couldn't let that slip out of his promise to help his dear brother fulfill his goal.

"It's him!" Noelle was sweating, but that anxiety didn't show in her fierce expression.

"Stay calm. This is an archon, after all." Diluc said. "But he gave up that name, so his power must have dropped tremendously. Such a pressuring aura."

Rex Lapis.. He won't feel pain if you injure him. If he is able to die with getting beheaded, they should be good. But he is still very powerful, so somehow he needs to be weakened.

Noelle squeezed the handle of her claymore. "Kh.." She clenched her teeth, her stomach twisting and turning of inner fear.

"You are.. the sworn brother of Kaeya Alberich? And you're the trainee knight who's been taking lessons from him." Rex Lapis faced them. He didn't look normal. His hair was loose, his arms revealed to be bulky and tinted with browns, fading to a lighter color at the hands. He had the horns of his dragon form sticking right out of his head. "I expected that Khaenri'ahn to encounter me first."

How does he know that? Diluc questioned. Nevermind that, what's happened to him? Has he been recovering the strength of his old form this whole time? He can't seriously be planning on killing us all, is he?

"I can't blame him for getting side tracked. He and Childe have come across the final Yaksha. I didn't allow any other Adepti to enter, so there will be no boosts of help." Rex Lapis said.

He was standing on what looked like a tall plateau, with a dying tree and bushes. What was circled around that piece of land, was a huge ditch, with Diluc and Noelle on the other side of it. There were faint images of Geo structures sticking out of the ground and walls.