15

(This chapter's kind of boring)

-Kaeya makes a new outside of Mondstadt hangout buddy :D (It's no one in particular)

Another day, another pain in the ass.

Kaeya was on duty with some Knights of Favonius. They were cleaning and fixing up a camp that was cleared of hilichurls. It was done about an hour ago, and he had just arrived.

He sighed. This feeling wasn't good. It wasn't..

He tried to ignore the flashes he had, of people.. dying in the fire.. fighting for their life.. bleeding out.. But they wouldn't stop. He walked over to a wagon that was connected to a couple of horses. A knight left the wagon after placing a box on it, and that's when he heard it.

Scrabble, scratch.. scrabble..

It was the sound of something scraping on the wood inside the box. It was scratching. Something was trying to get out of it.

"..." Kaeya could feel a faint presence. It certainly was one of the hilichurl. The knights managed to catch it. But what were they going to do with it?

He then heard a groan that could identify its type. It was a samachurl. Those little guys have small bodies, therefore they can't run very far, because they don't grow much muscle. It was easily caught because of that factor.

Kaeya peered over at the knights who were working. They weren't paying attention. In secret, he carefully opened up the box, and was surprised to see this.

"..A cryo samachurl?" Kaeya questioned out loud. He was confused. Cryo Samachurls don't go out this far away from dragonspine, so it was weird..

He put the lid back on the box when he noticed some knights walking by. After he was clear, he looked at the samachurl. He leaned in closer to assure that the samachurl could see his star-shaped pupil. "It's okay, stay quiet."

The samachurl made little grunts. Even if it didn't make out words, it was like Kaeya could understand it. The way hilichurls speak is a form of Khaenri'ahn language. Kaeya had never learned it, but by tone and body actions, he could tell how they feel.

"Hm? Have you seen the Captain?" A knight questioned one approaching him.

"Oh, he's over at the wag-on.." The knight paused on the last word when he noticed that Kaeya was gone. "Or.. he was. He was checking out the samachurl in that box, but I guess he lost interest."

"You got a samachurl? I wanna see."

"Sure. Careful, it might try to escape. Thank god for thir small bodies, otherwise we wouldn't have caught up to it." The two knights went over to the wagon.

"Hm.. It's quiet now. It must be exhausted. Well, guess it's fine to open it then." The knight started to take off the lid of the box.

"Huh? There's nothing in there." The other one said.

"What?" The knight looked in the box to see that it was empty. "How did it get out? You can only open the box from the outside."

~

"That was really dangerous of you, wandering around the mainlands. Don't leave your group like that again." Kaeya was carrying the samachurl. Somehow, he had already arrived in Dragonspine.

"Go on, now." Kaeya put the samachurl down onto the ground, only to have it run back to him. "Ah- hey." He chuckled.

The samachurl didn't want to leave him, nor did it want him to leave. It jumped back into Kaeya's arms, refusing to go.