13

(Published this one early for the bell of it. I'm bored)

-Fighting

-Angst

It had been maybe 3-5 hours since Kaeya left to do the little trip for Jean. He was supposed to be back by evening, but he is nowhere to be seen.

"This is definitely weird. Kaeya should have been back a while ago." Jean would think. She was in the library speaking with Lisa and Amber.

"Surely dear Kaeya will be back within the next hour?" Lisa's worry didn't show up in her expression.

"Hm.. We need to gather a group search to pinpoint his whereabouts." Jean said. "If he is missing from Mondstadt, I take the blame. I have sent him out there."

"You shouldn't take the blame. Whatever happened to Sir Kaeya is nobody's fault." Amber said.

"..Amber, go and gather up the Knights and conduct a search for our Cavalry Captain." Jena ignored what was said by the outrider.

Amber sweat. "Y-Yes, Master Jean." She bowed, and then left in a hurry.

~

Whoosh..

The wind was high. It gust on the two standing on the field.

Kaeya was very far from the man at the edge of the cliff, but he could tell who he was just by his aura.. He recognized it.. He knew..

..I know who this is.. He's here in Liyue.. Kaeya could feel his veins twitching with anger. He clenched his fist so hard, his nails dug into his palm and made it bleed.

The man started to move. He turned around, those orange eyes opening and looking at Kaeya. He spoke in a low voice.

"Hello there. Is there something you need?" Zhongli said.

Kaeya saw a flash of that man in white, floating in the sky with spears and blades created from Geo energy in the red clouds. There was also a flash of Kaeya as a child, with the body of sister in front of him as he stared up at the archon with shock in his eyes. His eyes poured tears, as he happened to get a clear sight of who it was in white.

"Something.. something I need?" Kaeya muttered. "You're kidding.."

Zhongli raised a brow.

Kaeya gripped his arm. "I know your secret.. Don't you remember? My eye.. do you happen to recognize it?"

"You were.. the one who killed my siblings.."

Zhongli felt surprised, a blank expression. A quick thought passed his mind. I thought he killed them all..?

He walked towards Kaeya until he was about 20 meters from him. And yes, Kaeya was that far from him. Zhongli crossed his arms. He took a moment to respond. "Your siblings were killed on that day? How is it that you're still here? That was centuries ago."

Kaeya had a dark glare. "I had help from somebody called.. Barbatos. You know him, don't you?"

At that statement, Zhongli seemed irritated at the fact that the Anemo God would do such thing. He sighed. "I don't understand that one. He made a contract with me, after all. I suppose I will have to find him to talk to."

"You will do no such thing with him." Kaeya said. He was already holding his sword.

For years. Years of training took Kaeya to reach this stage. When he got his vision, he made his plans to train himself, to get revenge.. He had been working up the courage the find and confront that who killed off the peaceful nation of Khaenri'ah.