8

(Some sneaky Kaeya >:>)

Kaeya took another commission that takes place down in Liyue. Apparently there is somebody, who is using innocent people to hide themselves within the city. He was randomly chosen by Jean, who just called him to her office out of the blue. She herself never gets the chance to investigate things because of other purposes.

He was on top of a roof, on all fours to assure that he's hidden. He was taking a look, before he stood up, and disappeared. Really, he just jumped, but it was very fast. Hardly any wind was gusted when he left the roof.

And it doesn't seem like Ajax is around here, either. He must be doing fatui work. Kaeya didn't catch Childe's scent. And by scent, he means presence.

Kaeya snuck past Millileth guards, and slipped into what must have been somebody's residence. There are so many guards around. Are they aware of the rumor going on? He flattened himself against a wall.

He softly inhaled when he heard a guard who was about to turn the corner.

Tmpt.. tmpt..

The guard turned the corner. There wasn't anything there as he walked by. It looked like he didn't notice that Kaeya was standing on the bars in the ceiling above.

Kaeya's knees lied on one bar, while he held another bar in front of him with one hand. He had his other hand holding his cape up. Their routine changed. They're constantly walking around so they can catch anything they find suspicious. This is troubling.

He blinked, with a single drop of sweat on his cheek. We're going for the same objective, but I can't let myself get in trouble with them. They'll find me suspicious because of my vision and appearance. It made sense, because the Millileth guards have never seen Kaeya. So for safety, they might take him in and interrogate him. Kaeya can't risk that, or he'll miss the culprit here.

I need to do something. Jean mentioned something about the innocent bystanders that were caught. Kaeya slowly stretched his body down, softly landing on the floor. Before the guard came back around again, he jumped onto the roof of the building next to him, and then jumped back onto the roof of the building he was originally on.

~

Rustle. Rustle..

A young girl with brown hair tied up in a fancy way was sewing up what seemed to be a kimono. She seemed tired, and gloomy. She had a tattoo of a lizard head on the back of her hand.

She sighed. "Why am I doing this..?"

Suddenly somebody leaned in from behind her, and spoke in her ear.

"What do you know?" Kaeya said. He made the girl gasped, immediately stressing out of fear.

I didn't notice his presence at all! I only realized he was there when he spoke. The girl started to sweat.

Kaeya held an ice dagger to her neck. "I won't hurt you. I only wish to find the one who manipulates the innocent. Tell me, what's happened to your friends?"

The girl stuttered, sweating as she felt the cold air from the dagger. A vision user.. I can't do anything. She shakily breathed. "One disappeared. The other one decided to take ev-everything of his, a-and ran away. M-Master found him.. and k-killed him."