47 - The Aftermath

(This chapter is the last chapter for this story sorry)

-Angst

-Lots of crying

Acting Grand Master Jean was standing next to the bed of her best friend, Lisa. She had just finished reading a letter to her.

Lisa softly exhaled. "Hah.. Is that so..?" Lisa's expression was paralyzed, until to change feelings due to the curse that was taking effect of her. "..Then I hope he was happy.. in his last moments.. With that man.. and Albedo.."

"...Pretty soon, I'll be gone too.." Lisa smiled, closing her eyes. "You don't need to cry once I go.. You can mourn while I'm still here talking to you. I'll be joining them in peace at last."

Jean would snivel. She broke into tears, leaning against the bed as she hugged Lisa. "Lisa.. Everyone is going to miss all of you." For starters, Jean had everyone come in little at a time to say their goodbyes to Lisa. "Our love for you is passionate. We all trusted Kaeya with our lives. Please go into the freedom you deserve." 

She let go of Lisa, wiping her tears. Jean would walk out the room, being sure to say her last goodbye before going.

.
.

Mondstadt was currently under repair, many workers reconstructing everything destroyed. Some people were injured because of the sudden outburst of the fight, some recovering from shock and trauma.

Jean walked up the stairs of City of Mondstadt. She was carrying a small bag that seemed to have envelopes and such. Kaeya wrote all of these letters long before the battle. To think that he was prepared beforehand.. is so heartbreaking. Why did he never tell us?

Kaeya had written letters to every one of his friends. He even wrote letters to those he wasn't as acquainted with.

Jean went silent, expression blank for a moment. She recalled a conversation  that had happened a day ago.

"Diluc, are you going to send this letter to him yourself? Why don't I go with you?"

"I'll go by myself. You need to deliver the letters here. Amber was sent out to deliver the Sumeru letters, already. They need to know as soon as possible."

"I understand but.. we are both his childhood friends.. it would make more sense if we both went."

"Jean, please. You're too busy as is."

She opened the door to the room in which Eula was in medical care. "Eula, I apologize for interrupting your time."

"Oh, please, come in. After what happened, how could we not talk?" Eula was under special care since she lost her leg. She was currently getting a prosthetic, a first stage of thin metal replacing her leg for now.

"Kaeya Alberich had sent a letter to everyone he knew. You too." Jean sat next to her, and gave her the letter Kaeya wrote for her.

"..He knew this was coming?" Eula would open the letter with care. She silently read the letter as Jean spoke.

"Kaeya had been prepared for this battle longer than we think. He just didn't want to tell us. I guessed that he was being secretive because he didn't want us to worry about him. Every letter seems to send his regards, and he talks about what happened in his life.. Everyone is going to know why this happened. What happened to that lost nation.. The most caring person was behind our backs the whole time, but he never showed it." Jean held her hands together.

Eula had finished reading her letter after a minute of silence. "..."

"He never deserved that life. Khaenri'ah didn't deserve that tragic ending.. Why did it happen..?"