𝓚𝓪𝓫𝓪𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓪 13

Usap usapan ang nangyari sa mga sumunod na araw. Ilan lang kaming nasa pangyayari pero nalaman ng lahat ang nangyaring away. It was because my parents went to the school the next day, demanding to talk to the bullies and their parents. Mom wants to take legal action.

"Ma, they were already suspended. We don't need to take this on the court." I plead to Mama that night.

Akala ko hindi siya uuwi nang gabing 'yon dahil may lipad siya, ngunit umuwi siya bago maghapunan. I was hesitant to tell her what happened, but I still did 'cause I didn't want to lie or keep secrets from her. She got mad when she saw my bruises. Now she wants to take the bullying case to court.

"I won't let this slide, Maxine. Suspension wasn't enough! What if after the suspension, balikan ka ng mga 'yon? Girls of their age will surely get back to you! And your Tito Uno did a background check on those girls and we found out multiple bullying cases filed against them, but their parents covered it all up. One girl was even hospitalized and was in critical condition after they ganged up on her!"

That made me shut my mouth. It has only been half an hour since I told her and Dad about what happened, yet it already reached Tito Uno. I'm sure it only took him minutes to know the background of those girls.

"I want them out of the school, not just suspension. Dear, they're dangerous!" Sumamo ni Mama kay Daddy.

Daddy just simply nods, but I know in his head, that he's already planning what to do with the five girls.

So the next day, it didn't shock me to hear that the five girls were kicked out of Cleeve Hills University. Daddy also made sure that they were banned from any nearby schools so that they wouldn't dare to come back here and harm us again.

That was the biggest issue of the year. Kumalat sa buong school ang nangyari. Ang away, at ang ginawa ng magulang ko na nagpatalsik sa limang babae. Most students find it amusing and took it on the positive side, while some find the expulsion too much.

May mga...nainis dahil ginamitan ko daw ng kapangyarihan ng magulang ko kaya napaalis ang limang bully.

I grew haters because of it. Something new to me.

"Andyan na yung feeling entitled. Don't look at her, baka ma-expel kayo!" I heard somewhere from my back.

Humigpit ang hawak ko sa strap ng bag ko. It's Monday and I am greeted this way. Kapapasok ko pa lang ng gate narinig ko na agad ang bulungan.

"Kunwari lang pala na mabait. In reality, bitch naman pala!"

It was meaningless words. Mga walang katotohanang salita, ngunit hindi ko maiwasan na maapektuhan. I know I shouldn't be affected. I'm not the kind of person they thought I was. But to hear those words from them to those I never really interacted with still hurts my fragile heart.

I didn't do anything wrong. Bakit ako pa ang naging masama sa paningin nila? Ganito ba talaga? Ikaw na biktima, ikaw pa masama sa mata ng iba?

My mood was gloomy when I entered our classroom. Ilan pa lang kaming nasa loob dahil kalahating oras pa naman bago ang unang klase. Sumabay ako sa pasok ni Maddox kaya ang aga kong dumating.

"Good morning, Maxi! Kumusta ang pasa mo?" Pristine greeted me with a concerned smile.

Nginitian ko siya pabalik. She's always early kaya hindi na ako nagtaka na nandito na siya.

I'm sitting at the back of the room while she's on the first row. Lumapit pa siya sa akin para kumustahin ako.

"Ayos na. Hindi naman masakit." I half lied.

Ang totoo, hindi siya masakit...kapag hindi nga lang nagagalaw. So I need to be extra careful when moving around.

Tinignan niya ang braso ko pero wala siyang nakita doon maliban sa sleeves ng jacket ko. I purposely wore it to cover up my purple bruises. Tita Jana had this checked last night and she prescribed me some ointment to make the healing process faster. Hindi na ganon ka-lala ang itsura ng pasa, pero hindi pa rin magandang tignan kaya tinakpan ko.