𝓚𝓪𝓫𝓪𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓪 23

From months to years. Santi never changed the way he treats me. I witnessed girls my age have boyfriends and then some time later, they would break up because the guy or girl cheated or they fell out of their feelings. It was scary to think that relationship was that easy to break. Nakakatakot sumugal.

Pero si Santi...he's different. The calls and text never changes. He never falter to drive me to school and back home. When I want something even though sometimes I never said it to him, he would give it. Kapag busy siya nagpapaalam siyang hindi niya kaya na ihatid ako o kaya hindi niya ako mapupuntahan. He always let me know about what he was doing and where he was. Kapag iinom at a-attend ng party, ipinapaalam niya din sa akin.

I turned eighteen and he was my escort. He was now very close to my family like he's a part of it. I also met his parents when that same year, Mama and Daddy allowed me to go on a vacation with him at their house in the States.

Sa kanila ako tumuloy at nakilala ko ang buong pamilya niya, na mainit ang naging pagtanggap sa akin. Walang kapatid na babae si Santi kaya sa akin naibuhos ng Mommy niya ang frustration nitong magka-anak na aayusan at sasamahan siya sa pag-alis. For the whole one week of vacation there, mas marami pa ang oras na kasama ko si Tita Lucia kesa sa dapat na plano namin ni Santi na igagala niya ako.

And when I turned twenty, that's when things started to fall in their right places. Santi started going to law school so he's busier than ever. Still, he calls me and drives for me when he can. Doon mas niya napatunayan sa mga magulang ko ang pagiging seryoso niya sa akin. We are both busy since I am now in college, but he still puts effort for us to see each other.

Right then I knew, Mama was right. Love really works mysteriously.

"Thank you, for accepting me to be your boyfriend."

I gently caress his jaw. He lean on my touch, making me smile. Para siyang natutunaw sa hawak ko lang.

"Thank you for patiently waiting for me, love."

I snuggle closer to him until there's no space between us anymore. Inikot ko ang mga kamay sa bewang niya at mahigpit siyang niyakap. I close my eyes as I listen to the beat of his heart synchronized with mine.

"You are worth it, baby. So worth it..."

I am twenty-one, and now officially in a relationship with Santi Revamonte.

───────────────

"You're graduating this June right, hija?"

"Yes po, Tita Lucia. Just a bit of finalization on our papers and we are done for the semester. The graduation photoshoot will be next month po."

Ngumiti si Tita at hinaplos ang buhok ko. I snuggle closer to her right side and hug her waist. Ngumiti ako ng matamis nang marinig ang paghagikhik niya.

"You sweet girl. How I wish you stay here longer this time."

"I wish I could, Tita. Maybe after I graduate po, I will visit again even without Santi–"

"No. Not without me."

I pouted when he interjected somewhere behind us. Nilingon ko siya at sinimangutan pero nagtaas lang siya ng kilay. Ang kausap niyang si Tito Aris, his father, ay napailing na lang.

We're here in the living room of his parents' house. They're on the bar counter at the far back while me and Tita Lucia are watching an American movie here on the sofa. Kami lang ang nandito kaya rinig namin ang pinag-uusapan ng isa't isa kahit may kalayuan kami. They're talking about the law while Tita and I are bonding here.