𝓚𝓪𝓫𝓪𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓪 39

I went out of the shower feeling bad and gloomy. I saw my old dress on the bed and a pair of undergarments. Sinuot ko 'yon at lumabas ako ng kuwarto.

Santi said we were in their house. I heard from Cohen that they live in a subdivision just fifteen minutes away from where my family lives. I wonder why he chose to live here. May bahay sila sa kabilang subdivision lang namin. I've been there before and unlike the old-school wooden and vintage mansion, this house looks high-tech.

The walls are mostly glass, only the pillars and some are concrete. The furniture is mostly white and brown. Some are black and blue. On the outside, there's the garden that stretches around the house where the glass walls are. On the left side, I can see the swimming pool, and next to it is an entertainment area. It looks refreshing. Maraming bulaklak at may mga puno sa garden. There's also a gazebo and swing on the back side on the left.

"Tita Maxine!"

Sinalubong ako ni Cohen pagbaba ko ng hagdanan. He hug my waist while looking up at me. Ginulo ko ang buhok niya.

"Good morning, Cohen. Did you sleep well?"

"Good morning po! Yes, po. I visited you last night but you were sleeping. Daddy said you were sick. Are you okay now, Tita? I've missed you po!"

Yumuko ako at pinang-gigilan ang pisngi niya. I kissed both his cheeks and it made him giggle.

"I'm okay now. Thank you and I missed you too, Cohen." Malambing na sabi ko.

Iyon ang nasilip ni Santi. He was in the dining area, setting up the table when he looked at us. Natigilan siya saglit at bahagyang natulala. Then a smile forms on his lips before he continues putting utensils next to the plates on the table.

"Let's eat po? Daddy is a great cook!"

I chuckled. "I know, sweetheart."

Alam na alam ko.

We had a calm but merry breakfast. It's weekend so Cohen don't have school today. Natapos ko na din ang mga trabaho ko kaya nang inaya niya akong makipaglaro sa kaniya, pumayag ako.

He has a playroom here. There are board games and game consoles. I noticed how most of his toys stimulate the brain. There are huge jigsaw puzzles displayed in a glass container. When I say it's big, I mean four to five feet wide and two feet tall!

"Let's play Snakes and Ladders, Tita! It's fun po, I like playing it with Daddy."

He pulled a big case and sat on the carpeted floor. I've never seen snakes and ladders as big as this. It's three feet by three feet. The game pieces were also big. Tumabi ako ng upo kay Cohen at tinulungan siyang ayusin ang laruan. It's been a while since I played games so I'm excited.

"You're player pink, Tita. And I'll be blue!"

"I'll play red, then."

Sabay kaming napalingon sa pintuan nang may magsalita. It was Santi at the door. He walked towards where we were and sat in front of me. He smiled when he saw me watching him.

"Let's play?" Aniya sa akin.

Cohen clapped his hand. "Yehey, Daddy is playing! Let's start po!"

Cohen would be the player one, and I'll be next. Santi would be the last one since he joined last.

We take turns on rolling the dice. I was the first one who got a victim of the snake and Santi can't stop smirking at me teasingly. Kaya naman nang mabiktima siya ng mas mahabang snake, 'di ko mapigilang tumawa ng malakas kasabay ni Cohen. Cohen got caught too later on. Nagpatuloy ang laro hanggang sa nagwagi ako.