Chapter 9 - Feelings

"Let's be close like friends do."

After I uttered those words, I found her staring blankly at me. She was just sitting there, unmoved, and I don't know if she's happy or not.

Our staring contest was cut off when the server interrupted us by placing our orders on top of the table.

The sizzling-hot steak caught my attention and made me drool. I almost forgot about her the moment I inhaled the steak scent.

"You can eat slowly. No one's going to take it away from you."- she commented after awhile.

Yung kain ko pala pang gutom habang yung kanya ay may poise pa. Again, naramdaman ko ang pag init ng pisnge ko. E sa masarap e, anong magagawa ko.

"Slowing down is not my thing lalo na kapag nasasarapan ako."- bulalas ko dahilan para mabulunan sya.

Weird lang na nakatingin ako sa kanya habang nainom sya ng mabagal sa baso ng tubig.

"May nasabi ba akong mali?"- takang tanong ko.

"No. ", she breathes in, "it's just that you refrain yourself from verbally uttering words like that in public. People around you might misinterpret what you mean, just like what's happening right now."- she secretly pointed out the people around us, and that's when I noticed some of them were laughing while glancing our way. 

Malakas ba boses ko? Kung sa bagay hindi naman ganun kalalayo ang agwat ng mga mesa dito.

Hindi ko nalang sya pinansin at inubos na yung pagkain ko.

"Is there anything else you wanted to eat?"

I look at the menu for the last time and chew on my bottom lip.

"I want some mashed potatoes. Take out nalang siguro."

"Alright."

It's getting cold and late na din kasi at mag dadrive pa sya pauwi. Ayaw ko naman ihatid nya ako tapos uuwi pa sya sa kanila.

Matapos makapagbayad at makuha yung take out ay umalis na kami.

"Can I play a song? The atmosphere is too boring."

She glanced at me while maneuvering her car to the driveway. 

"Ikaw bahala. Huwag lang yung masakit sa tainga."

Binuksan ko na yung stereo nya. Ang unang tumugtog pa nga ay literal na rock music kaya bahagya pa akong nagulat na ikinatawa nya.

Ilang minuto din akong nagkalikot hanggang sa yung phone na nya yung inabot nya sa akin dahil halata siguro sa akin na nahihirapan akong pumili.

"Connect the Bluetooth and go to Spotify. You can choose music there."- she said softly.

"Password?"

"I love you."

My heart beat quickened, and I looked at her blankly. She glanced at me and chuckled while tapping the steering wheel. 

"Kenz made that one. I know it's so cringe."- she said this while blushing. 

My grip on her phone tightened, and I just let out an exhausting sigh before I leaned back and dropped her phone on my side. 

I lost my strength, and again, I don't know why. 

"I thought you wanted to play a song,"- she asked when she noticed my quiet soul. 

I look outside and cross my arms, kind of thinking deeply about this situation I'm in.