Chapter 19 - Stop

Bahagya akong nagulat matapos nyang ibagsak sa mesa yung mga folders na kanina ko pa hindi pinag tutuunan ng pansin.

Hindi nya kasi talaga ako pinayagan umuwi. Kaya ang ginawa ko ay naupo nalang ako sa couch. Binigyan naman nya ako ng gagawin which are the folders consist of papers about their company para habang nag tatrabaho daw sya ay hindi ako ma boring pero hindi ko nga pinag tuunan ng pansin kasi AYAW KO!

"I told you to stay and read these things, not to use your phone and sit like a damn spoiled brat there."- she said it, sounding irritated.

I lick my lower lip and watch her mumble things while picking up those folders I've been ignoring since earlier. The displeasure was evident on her angelic face.

"I want to go home."

"I said you weren't going to leave. I won't let this day end without even teaching you."

"Are you dumb?"

"Excuse me?"- her brows furrowed. Kulang nalang ay mag labas ng apoy yung ilong nya dahil sa sinabi ko.

"I obviously don't want anything to do with you or this place." - I stood up and looked down at her. "I didn't say yes to this, and I'm sure you know that."

My voice was cold. Her throat moved, and I noticed how she gripped the side of the folders while she was looking at me.

I was expecting her to let me go, but she did the opposite. She quietly sat down on the couch and tapped the space beside her.

Napipikon na tinitigan ko sya. Bakit ba hindi nya ma gets na ayaw ko nga? May ibang career path ako na gusto i pursue.

"Sit down. Don't worry, I'll be here beside you to answer your queries."- she spoke softly. Her eyes drifted to mine, and I hated it. I hate the way she stares at me. It's so gentle.

Ang bilis naman nya kumalma. Kanina lang inis na sya sakin ah.

"Claire please.."

And now she's being cute in my eyes. I scoff and look away before I sit down beside her. She pushed the folders gently in front of me.

"I will tour you around next time. But for now, read everything you need to know about the company. These folders have everything you need. Much better if you memorize some for your own good."

I didn't glance at her, even though I could smell her perfume and feel her close proximity.

Binuksan ko nalang yung nasa ibabaw at nagsimula na magbasa. Naramdaman ko na nakatitig sya sakin kaya naman napapakunot nalang ako ng noo kahit wala naman nakakainis sa binabasa ko.

"Magiging intern ka dito.."- ewan ko pero sa tono ng boses nya parang natutuwa pa at nang aasar.

Tinignan ko sya at napakagat naman sya sa labi nya. Halatang gustong ngumiti pero pinipigilan nya.

"Bakit? Si Tito ang kumausap kay Dad. I'm just doing my job here."- she continued.

I squinted my eyes. I'm annoyed. 

"I want you to shut up. I can't focus."

Her smile faltered, and she awkwardly laughed and nodded her head before leaning back on the back rest.

"Much better if you go back to your table and finish your work." - malamig pa din ang boses na sabi ko at binuklat yung ibang page's na hindi ko pa nababasa.

She yawned and sighed as I felt her shift in her seat.

"I'm already done with my work. I purposely finished all of it so that I could focus on you."