Chapter 11 - Proud

Not edited :)

"What took you so long?"- she asked when I got back from washing all of my painting materials.

She's now sitting on a picnic mat; I don't know where she got it, and the food was perfectly placed in front of her as well.

"I had a hard time removing the paint."-palusot ko nalang kahit ang totoo ay nagpahupa lang ako ng kilig.

Tsk, kilig? Where did I get that disgusting word?

"Come here and let's eat. Gutom na ako."- sabi nya at nagsimula ng buksan yung vento box nya.

Sinunod ko nalang sya at naupo na din ako sa kabilang side ng picnic mat. Kumain kami ng tahimik, animoy pinapakiramdaman lamang ang isat isa.

Nakatanaw lang ako sa paligid dahil ang ganda talaga dito kahit saan tignan.

"Your painting looks breath-taking. I see you've got a skillful hand, Claire."

I look at my hands and flex my fingers. I smirked, but eventually stopped when I realized something. Why am I smiling? And why am I thinking perverted thoughts right now?

"What's wrong?"- she asked, confused.

"Wala. Kumain ka nalang dyan."

The lunch went well, and I think this is the most perfect lunch I've had so far. The scenery was so beautiful, and at the same time, her beauty adds up to making the whole place magical in my eyes.

"I should've bought clothes."- rinig kong sabi nya habang nakamasid sa lake.

"Ask someone to bring you some."

"Nah..."- she shrugged and sighed. "I don't want to disturb our maids."

"Don't you have a PA or something?"

She chuckled softly and femininely. "I don't have one. Would you like to apply?"

My face turned sour, and I rolled my eyes at her. "Sino ka ba para pagsilbihan ko?"

Her smile faltered. She faked a cough and looked away, and that's when I realized that my words were not right.

Silence grew around us again until she finally decided to walk away and leave me on our spot. I watch her go directly onto the lake, making me sigh.

I felt heavy seeing her walk away silently without looking back at me.

Nagpasya akong tumayo at takluban yung painting ko dahil tuyo naman na iyon. Tahimik ko syang sinundan at pinagmasdan ang mga paa nya na dahan dahan nyang nilalapat sa tubig.

She's stepping on the stones underwater, and she's slowly getting farther from the shore. I'm afraid she might fall down, which is why, without even thinking, I found myself taking off my own shoes to follow her.

I saw her stop and cross her arms. She's facing in front while staring deeply into the water.

Narinig ko ang pagbuntong hininga nya. Pansin ko na kaya sya tumigil ay dahil wala na syang maapakan na bato. Umabante ako palapit sa kanya para sana kalabitin sya pero bigla naman syang humarap at nabigla.

"Addison!"

"Oh my gosh!"

We both shouted as I got to grab her waist, but it was too late. She ends up pulling me with her, and both of us fell into the water, creating a loud flash and making the birds fly.

Naglangoy ako pataas at napaubo. Hinaplos ko ang mukha ko para tanggalin ang tubig na sagabal sa mga mata ko. Agad akong kinabahan dahil hindi ko sya nakita.